PDA

View Full Version : CX London based crews

CX256
1st Oct 2005, 15:35
Hi

I have done a search and only found the questions and not the answer. For a CX capt'/f-o pax based in london would they fly LHR-HKG bk for the rest of there 744 career or would it be LHR-HKG-some where else and near the end of mouth fly bk LHR for a well earn rest?

CX256

Cpt. Underpants
1st Oct 2005, 15:55
90% HKG-LHR and the rest would be around the region on line checks, with an occasional (other) European port with a positioning flight back to home base.

CX256
1st Oct 2005, 17:43
Thx Cpt

Any clues to a typical roster for a pilot based in London PAX or Cargo? and based in HKG do you fly more places then if u where based any where else in the world?

CX256

Cpt. Underpants
1st Oct 2005, 20:36
A typical roster will take a little time - I'll get on that in a day or two.

Yes, HKG based crew fly everywhere their fleet type services. Based crew fly predominantly between bases and HKG.

CX256
2nd Oct 2005, 09:11
THx again

1 more thing London base crew on the 744F fly to Milan then on to HKG do they stop in Milan and fly the next flight the next day/week or cont' put pick up a 3rd crew member on to HKG.

CX256

400 Jockey
2nd Oct 2005, 11:26
They usually dont stop in Milan - Usually London - Milan - Hong Kong then back via Delhi. Both these duties are approaching the 17 hour mark with 4 pilots.

F/O Roster on the 400 in LHR is 99% LHR - HKG - LHR and you will usually just get your minimum of 3 landings in 3 months! Days off are good normally arrive in HKG and travel back the next day with between 3-6 days off. Average flying is about 77 hours a month.

You will only really get a regional on your line check! Yea thats right only on your line check ;)

CX256
2nd Oct 2005, 14:05
Hi

Nearly 17 hours of flying in 1 day is alot so do the pilots get a few days off before the long trip back to London? also i saw some where they don't based cargo pilots in hong kong is this true?

CX256

Cpt. Underpants
3rd Oct 2005, 01:32
256, there is a PM waiting for you. Please send me your email address and I will send you the rosters.

CX256
3rd Oct 2005, 05:19
Hi Cpt'

I have sent you a pm with my email
thanks

CX256

OhForSure
5th Oct 2005, 13:30
Hey Capt. - would you mind PMing that roster my way too please???

Cheers Mate

Also: Would these sorts of rosters be indicative of the flying Aussie based boys and gals would see on the 'Bus? Or would they be more likely to pick up regional legs to Jap/Thai/China etc?

(May require busdriver to answer that one):ok:

Cpt. Underpants
5th Oct 2005, 14:02
Can't PM the rosters to you - you need to send me your email address for a "regular" email. While you're at it, send me something to reassure me that your intentions are "honourable" - too many liars, lawyers and journos around (same thing really).

Representative of Aussie rosters? No.

Yes on part two of that Q.

OhForSure
7th Oct 2005, 02:27
Ahh Good thinking. Have sent you a PM containing email:ok:

Any Aussie crew care to acknowledge the type of flying you guys do??? Out and back? Or do you get into Asia a bit?

Cheers guys.