PDA

View Full Version : OAT New Waypiont Modular Training ?

speedbird001
29th Sep 2005, 17:59
Anyone know anything about this New Modular Training called Waypoint at Oxford ?

SB001

VC10 Rib22
30th Sep 2005, 17:04
Oxford ?

I'm afraid, as it has only just been announced, they are the only ones who can help you.

Try this number - 01865 84 1234

silverknapper
1st Oct 2005, 00:06
Interesting to note though. If Oxford are investing in a new modular course over the old after thought version of a course. Perhaps they see a new future in modular training!

VC10 Rib22
1st Oct 2005, 00:50
Looking at the number of modular people getting jobs through Oxford I'm not surprised.

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/career/career-03.htm

speedbird001
1st Oct 2005, 09:44
Cheers guys, thanks for your thoughts,

Someone from Oxford did contact me about this "New" Modular training called Waypoint.

They said the structure of the course is to give students more time on Complex aircraft, sim or otherwise, but the course is more geared to what the airlines want ?? but you won't be able to attend the Modular training if you didn't do your Ground School with Oxford.

Sorry I can't give anymore info as that's all they gave me.

SB001

pinkaroo
10th Oct 2005, 13:12
Just spoke to Oxford. Here is the gist of what I got. Entry requirements are 100 hours P1, an Oxford fATPL and passing a selection process as to suitability. The course must be undertaken in a 9 month period and involves 5-7 weeks in Scottsdale undertaking the CPL/ME course before a return to the UK for the 9-11 week IR/MCC at Kidlington. More time to be spent on twins and in the 737 sim to prepare for the real world. Yours for £25,000.

speedbird001
10th Oct 2005, 20:46
It's now on their web-site.

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/skills/mod-01.htm

SB001

NDB
10th Oct 2005, 22:36
Thats funny...

Just finished ground school. And 6 of us are signed up for the course in PHX and IR back here!

But we only get 15 twin hours on our return the rest is in the sim!!

Lets flood Kidlington with modular and get rid of the APP......

Charlie Zulu
11th Oct 2005, 06:58
Oh well looks as though Oxford have totally lost my business for the JAA CPL/IR "conversion" course next Spring. That leaves just one school now, Bristol Flight Training...

From the Oxford website link for the waypoint programme:

"It follows from the above information that Oxford Aviation Training will no longer offer individual modules such as CPL, MEP and IR. There will be a transition period during the first quarter of next year, then waypoint only will be available thereafter. Please note that this does not affect ground training - full-time or distance learning, or, separate MCC and JOC - which will still be available individually."

I also note that they require one to obtain at least an 80% average in the exams (I've got a 94% average but with a different school)... should be quite attainable but why higher than the JAA 75% pass when the airlines don't really ask about averages in the exams? Oh dear this is going to overlap another thread...

AIRWAY
25th Oct 2005, 08:39
6. As waypoint trainees, you will be entitled to personal skills
development from our Employment Services Team. Those that perform
to the exacting standards required by airline employers will also receive
Employment Support and be recommended for appropriate employment
opportunities that become available.

---------

Any views on the above? Is the trend for modular students changing and getting the credit they deserve?

G-DANM
25th Oct 2005, 12:07
I think rather than slating Oxford for supposedly money grabbing look at the flip side, this will hopefully raise the profile of a fulltime structured Modular course in the eyes of the airlines such as Bmi and BA.

mad_jock
25th Oct 2005, 12:55
Why?

I always presumed that BMI and BA phoned oxford because it saved them alot of time and hassle wading through loads of CV's.
They phone oxford, FTE, Cabair up and say send down 10 cadets for interview next week. Phone calls take 10 mins each. Compared to 5 staff wading through hundreds of CV's pulling out the good ones.

The ones that oxford send down I bet they don't even ask them which course they did. They just trust the people at the various FTO's not to send them rubbish which would waste there time. FTO's are happy because it gives them an appeared value. Airlines are happy because it is a pretty cheap method of screening potential employees.

Charlie Zulu why don't you phone them and ask if you can book for next year. I bet they won't refuse a booking.

MJ

monkeytribe
9th Nov 2005, 01:33
Anyone know which airlines might be interested in Modular Waypoint graduates?

Have any confirmed interest?

That'll be a question for the flyer show brigade next week.