PDA

View Full Version : cheapo mp3 player non hard disk

windy1
28th Sep 2005, 20:43
Bit off the forum theme, but daughter wants el cheapo decent sound quality MP3 player, flash memory type. Not interested in paid-for downloads, only tunes ripped off her CD's. Wants a display so forget the shuffle. Any recomendations welcome.

BRL
28th Sep 2005, 22:48
Hi there. Just look on ebay, loads of cheap ones for about a tenner that will do the job. Pay a bit more for a bit more memory, they usually start at around 128k.

Gouabafla
29th Sep 2005, 21:05
My son has an interesting one from Maplins - cost about fifteen quid I think. It uses SD cards, so when he has a bit of spare cash, he gets another card and can carry more songs with him. Effectively, it is infinitly expandable.

P.Pilcher
29th Sep 2005, 22:12
You mentioned "decent" sound quality so, just a little point:
Several years ago, before MP3 and Ipods were invented, I wanted some decent personal sound quality as I had been posted to a foreign land. I bought the cheapest personal CD player I could find with rechargeable batteries and this cost then £50. I then took this, armed with suitable CDs to the local super swish Hi Fi shop to select a suitable headset. I ended up paying over £60 for this despite the said salesman pooh poohing my ultra cheap CD player! The results were glorious.
What such a headset would cost today, I don't know but when I use it with my new 250Mb MP3 player, I get superb sound which seems to impress everybody who tries it.

P.P.