PDA

View Full Version : The price we pay...

Hobgoblin
28th Sep 2005, 18:28
Today I am really on a low. Studying for next week's exams and trying to get it all in my head (and keep it in at least until next week's over) having to put up with a :mad: job and trying to stay out of debtor's prison at the same time.

I also have to put up with the biggest idiot in the world as my boss. An absolutely useless penpushing individual whose only talent it seems lies in avoiding work and hiding problems that crop up. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt but am just so tired of this guy that I am actually considering resigning. Only thing keeping me at the job is the fact that I cannot fly professionally just yet and will probably have to put up with :mad: individuals like this until I can. ( I'm sure everyone is going to point out that you get people like that in every industry and I am sure you do - but hopefully I'll be flying then:ok: )

Only consolation is that I am going to get out of this while he is staying in it for the rest of his life. :E

I keep telling myself it is all part of the price I have to pay to one day get that coveted left hand seat, and no, I don't care whether it is in a 747, Airbus, Lear, Falcon or Microlight! As long as there is a lot of air between my backside and Terra Firma I'll be smiling.

Thank you, rant over. I feel better now and ready to get back into the books. To everyone who's writing next week - good luck!

Do I sound too negative? I hope not as that was not the intention. Just blowing off some steam to get my head together again. ( I would laugh but am afraid I will start a demented cackle that is going to be hard to stop).

Read a thread in Jetblast that has given me some good ideas - especially the one involving an experiment with a 2 litre bottle and various substances to create a killer smell:E , think maybe someone's chair will get the treatment...

YYZ
28th Sep 2005, 20:01
Ahh, the memories:rolleyes:

It will come together, one day.....

YYZ

Piltdown Man
29th Sep 2005, 08:34
And will the people you will be flying with be any different? Believe me, there are many who are worse but you are trapped, only feet away from the ****s.

Cheers.

Hobgoblin
30th Sep 2005, 15:40
Agreed, things could be worse. I think I'll concentrate on working single pilot stuff for a while until I am better adapted to handle the less than agreeable co workers.

Gee, come to think of it that could save a lot of money - instead of a rating for a B737 I only have to pay for a Microlight rating!;)