PDA

View Full Version : P1 Time requirement prior CPL

Turkish777
27th Sep 2005, 12:20
I had previously added this question to 'Airmiles' post re FAA hours but seems no one was seeing it. Anyway......

Regarding the JAA CPL which require 100 hrs PIC prior to starting, will the PIC I gained in my FAA IR go towards the 100 I require for my CPL as I've heard various stories. I would like to find out as Im currently hours building and wondered if Im wasting my money when I could just start now??..??

OneIn60rule
27th Sep 2005, 13:16
As I know, it's impossible to get credit for your FAA IR PIC time. The fact of matter is that you are getting DUAL hours the whole time you have an instructor on board. In JAR land this is not possible. The only way to get P1 time is if you are in command (does not mean you are alone but does mean you are not receiving instructions!).

Cheers from Coventry (curry is great over here!)

1/60

Send Clowns
27th Sep 2005, 21:59
The 100 hours is for licence issue, not for starting the course!

Turkish777
27th Sep 2005, 22:48
Ok thanks guys....only about 8 weeks for a curry for me mate....

And one for the road, although its not a written rule apparently we do recieve a 10 hour credit towards the CPL if you hold an FAA IR I believe..?

OneIn60rule
28th Sep 2005, 10:43
I am in the same bind as you. I have been told by members of AFT that the LASORS is a JAR manual and hence any refernce to IR time for the CPL is JAA IR time. I'm still trying to get an answer from the BOSS up stairs.

Cheers

OneIn60rule
28th Sep 2005, 13:29
I just recieved an e-mail from one of the people up stairs and it says that if I have started a CPL course just a few days ago then I can get credit for the IR FAA hours (the 10 hours IR). So the sooner you can start your cpl the better.

cheers and see ya later matey!

Turkish777
28th Sep 2005, 13:55
Thanks One in 60, passed all 14 ATPLS now, just hours building and CPL left which Im going to do the entire course in the multi.

CPL = 28 hrs SEP plus 8ish hrs multi, with a 10 hr credit leaves just 18 hrs as obviously the 8 is no longer required...so think i'll do all 18 in the multi which will make my IR conversion slightly easier as I will be more familiar with the aircraft.

Turkish