PDA

View Full Version : Aeromadrid

redout
27th Sep 2005, 10:59
Hey

Can anybody comment on Aeromadrid ?

Jamongris
27th Sep 2005, 12:31
Yes just completed a PPL course there, what do you want to know ?

Liftdumper
29th Sep 2005, 06:04
Did my MCC with them.
I have experience with more Spanish schools and I can tell you that Aeromadrid is OK.
Excellent team of instructors, good fleet of aircraft.

The only thing is their location. Leganes is close to Quatro Vientos, but not a very nice place to be. And Quatro Vientos has no equipment for IFR flying, so for that stage of flying you will have to travel.

cleartouchandgo
25th Oct 2005, 13:19
I am also trying to finish a PPL in Madrid.
I paid a Saturday visit to Cuatro Vientos but everything was shut!

A couple of places were open until 1300 but it does seem like the majority of schools there cater for Mon-Fri 9-17 ATPL boys and girls!

Can anyone recommend a specific school in the Madrid area where I could finish off my UK PPL? (Tuition in English preferred, I can cope with Spanish... but I'd just rather avoid having to learn all the tecchy stuff in ES having already passed the CAA exams...which expired)

Gracias

CTG

Jamongris
10th Nov 2005, 20:30
What I found was that if you want to do just PPL or the modular course as opposed to integrated, you have to do the theory in Spanish, while flying in English is quite possible.

I would also be surprised if you find anyone in Madrid who would finish a UK PPL, maybe one of the smaller ones would help finish a JAR PPL, but the bigger schools such as Aeromadrid, Aerotec or American Flyers are only going to offer you the whole course.

Hope that helps.

cleartouchandgo
11th Nov 2005, 11:24
Thanks for that Jamongris. I have started a JAA PPL in the UK but never finished. Just when I started flying again (1yr ago) they sent me to Madrid for work, so finishing it in the UK will be extremely difficult!

The problem you mention is exactly the one I feared. Big schools after big money..so not interested in someone finishing off a part-completed course. This is why I'd rather find a small school who could help me complete and who would then benefit from my membership and aircraft hire.

Thanks for your help, I think I need to do some more research.

CTG