PDA

View Full Version : back a cowboy?

tinpis
27th Sep 2005, 03:24
:hmm: $2.20 for Cowboys waddya reckon Binos?

propwash85
27th Sep 2005, 04:32
cowboys will win, don't you worry about that tinpis!

GO THE COWBOYS!

nasa
27th Sep 2005, 05:57
As the Cowboys will have to fly to Sydney and be spoken to by ATOs and land at Mascot and then taxi to the terminal, probably in an aircraft, which in turn will have pilots and FAs on board and be inspected be engineers

So that they can kick some cockroach RRRs.....Go the Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

"Second Place is First Place for Losers"

Bidgee
27th Sep 2005, 06:20
Go the Blues... er...The Tigers...er...Wests.
Ah well...anybody... so long as they're from NSW and not QLD.
State of origin all over again.

Jet_A_Knight
27th Sep 2005, 12:48
The Tigers didn't come this far to lose.:ok:

sprocket
28th Sep 2005, 09:33
I prefer to keep my team preference to myself. :E :E :E

vortexstate
28th Sep 2005, 10:16
Jet_A_Knight,

The Tigers didn't come this far to lose.

Do you think the mighty Cowboys came ALL this way to lose this weekend.........don't think so Tim!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Binoculars
28th Sep 2005, 12:04
Looks like a toss of the coin to me, tinpis, so there's a bit of value there for the cowboys.

I have a bit of a problem in that I was always a Balmain supporter, and now living in the north it's an executable offence to back anybody to beat the Cowboys. I just hope it lives up to all expectations; it's a dream pairing and I'll be down the pub watching it with a lot of others.

Colours to the wall? Bugger it, Go the COWBOYS!!!!

En-Rooter
29th Sep 2005, 01:53
How can a Balmain boy dis-own his roots like that. You are showing Queenslander behaviourial traits when act like that:D

Go the mighty Tiges, time to whip some north queensland cowgirl arse:ok:

Binoculars
29th Sep 2005, 02:26
I think I need to defend my honour here. :} I actually grew up in the heart of Tiger country in Brisbane (Easts) and spent many an afternoon in the rickety old stand at Langlands Park. When I realised back in the mid 60's that people in Mexico played league as well, and even the uber-Mexicans played something vaguely resembling real footy, I decided that the logical thing to do would be to follow the Tigers in every state. So I was never a Balmain boy as such, but I never had any time for team-hoppers. Things changed when the Broncos were born of course.

Once a Queenslander always a Queenslander so despite past allegiances it's the Cowboys for mine. :ok: That said, I'd be really pleased for O'Neill and Skandalis if the Tigers got up; two of the good guys.

tinpis
29th Sep 2005, 02:57
Tin is a Rabbitohs supporter :{

nasa
29th Sep 2005, 03:05
Binos....Being a dyed in the wool Rabbitoh, it was only natural after my stint with Beenleigh that I move to Wynnum Seagulls in the late '70s. (all Red White & Green). Had many a good battle on & OFF the field at the old Langlands Park complex. Sunday nite after the game and then onto the various establishments, sadly now gone, and trying to front up to work on the Monday.

tinpis Take heart fellow sufferer. I was heavily involved back in the day to get our beloved ones back in the comp and I recall vividly the big "G" saying that it would be five years before we would be strongly competitive again. 2006 is the fifth year.

"Second Place is First Place for Losers"

tinpis
29th Sep 2005, 04:23
:ooh: Cowboys out ter $2.25 !

Sportsbet reads pprune?
:hmm:

sprocket
29th Sep 2005, 08:46
We're not used to finals mania up this way. Unusual to see the colours draped over Maccas counters etc including roadside displays, quite inspiring.
The boys from the bush have come to town.

Binoculars
29th Sep 2005, 13:02
Mr. Pis, perhaps Sportsbet misunderstood me to mean that instead of just selecting the Cowboys I had put money on them. Big difference.

My success rate is reasonable until I actually bet on something, then somehow word gets around, punters desert in droves, the other side throws a celebration party before the game and the side I've backed goes into a pit of depression and loses by 75 points. :{

The Voice
2nd Oct 2005, 08:36
a little birdie told me that ex TSV a QF 747 pulled 340+ out this morning at $1400-ish per pax (this = cost of return a/fare, accom and ticket to the match) as well as a 767 at approx $500 oneway .. the 'boys have certainly got a LOT of die hard fans!

GO the cowbees' ... ;)

Whitney
2nd Oct 2005, 11:18
they were robbed! Matty Bowen is a true star. Pity the score line didn't truly reflect the game it was.

Binoculars
2nd Oct 2005, 11:43
Can't agree there. The Tigers were the better side all night and thoroughly deserved the win. Delighted to see Skandalis and O'Neill win their just rewards to show it's not always the star names.

Pity about Heighington's disgraceful example to the young followers in the post match interview. Maybe he'll learn from the likes of Skandalis, O'Neill, Hodgson and Prince in what class means.

Hats off to the Cowboys; it wasn't their best game, but they played as well as they were allowed. Let's hope these two teams show the way for the next few years, they're both delightful to watch. :ok:

sprocket
2nd Oct 2005, 11:54
Indeed: Cowboy mistakes were turned into Tigers windfalls. We'll probably only party for a couple of weeks, instead of till the end of the year now.

Jet_A_Knight
2nd Oct 2005, 14:03
After 36 years of disappointments - some of them BITTER disappointments, finally VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great game, both teams played fantastic football, and only 3 penalties the whole match.

Great credit to both clubs. :ok:

Now, back to marauding the streets with the car horn :}

Binoculars
2nd Oct 2005, 14:26
Yep, I know a couple of long term Wests/Balmain supporters in Sydney and elsewhere, and I'm happy for them. I've never seen a grand final before where I didn't really want either side to lose, it's a curiously empty feeling watching it. Maybe that's why the game didn't quite live up to its expectations for me.

Whatever, the results book will show the Tigers won in 2005, so long may their party continue!

(I even won a hundred bucks on it, despite never intending to have a bet!)

complane
2nd Oct 2005, 15:12
I agree with binoculars. The first time I can remember when you actually wanted both teams to win.

tinpis
4th Oct 2005, 01:58
Well luckily tin kept his munny in his pocket.
Good game but not great.
Surpised only two picked out of the match for Aussie team.
I mean do they need Willy ?