PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat ride...

Steve76
25th Sep 2005, 01:58
How is it that you can sell one to anybody with enough money but no family members are permitted to ride jumpseat on commercial airliners these days because of percieved terrorism threats?

Home > Sports > Aviation & kites

25 "RNZAF Jumpseat Experience"
Current bid: $755.00 | Reserve met | Closes: 5 hours
printer friendly page

Minimum next bid: $ Autobid
Bid history

The Air Force is proud to support the Variety Auction with a ride in the jump seat of the Boeing 757 for one person. The flight will depart from Whenuapai Air Force Base and land at Wellington Airport, then Ohakea Air Force Base, then Christchurch International Airport and return north along the same route. It will be an exhilarating day for the successful bidder getting to sit up front with the pilots for a very unique experience. This is once in a lifetime experience which is never usually available to the public

Special Conditions- Conditions for the successful bidder:
*The winner must make their own way to RNZAF Base Whenuapai at the designated time,
*The B757 flight will be subject to aircraft availability. It is likely to occur on a Monday or Friday in November 2005
*Must be over 18 years of age
* Must be a New Zealand Citizen or be a New Zealand Permanent Resident.
* Must be medially fit to travel
* Must be suitably dressed for the flight for safety purposes
* Must sign an indemnity form for carriage of the RNZAF aircraft
* RNZAF retains the right to decline the individual if the above conditions cannot be met.
* Variety NZ will be responsible for liaising with the individual regarding a refund should the above conditions not be met.
Generously donated by- Royal New Zealand Air Force. Proud supporters of Variety -The Childrens Charity, helping New Zealand help New Zealands kids.

To find about more about Variety - The Childrens Charity log onto www.variety.org.nz and help us help New Zealands kids.

mattyj
25th Sep 2005, 03:36
There was an article in the herald saying that because of underutilisation the 757s hot section linings are deteriorating above the normal rate and have already suffered two inflight shutdowns.

..bid at your peril.:p :p

sir.pratt
25th Sep 2005, 04:23
they are running dehumidifiers in them to keep em dry in the dorckland weather.

and i'm sure there'll be hoops of security to jump through before riding in the jumpseat.

Bigtorque
13th Dec 2005, 12:02
Be interesting to see how they do business. Would rather get the jumpseat for one of their air show flights. I am not aware that they have actually shut down any motors. I understand that it was only a compressor stall - not usually a shutdown requirement once it clears.

haughtney1
13th Dec 2005, 17:28
They could come and ride in the one of the 757's I work on..pay me the $775.00 and I'll get the captain to authorise it:D We do an interesting London Gatwick- Freetown (sierra leone) stop for a day..dodge the bullets..then come back!:p

I cant buy the return ticket from NZ tho;)

757manipulator
14th Dec 2005, 10:28
Crownies on special? no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy.....I gotta call my cousin to get the ute.....send a few ££££'s and clean out the shop!!
.....and for 50 bucks..I'll let you press the TOGA switch's on approach:p

Hempy
14th Dec 2005, 10:34
lol on my last jump-seat ride I asked for a seat in the cabin because the same crew were on that I flew up with and they were a bunch of dorks. Seen one, seen em all

BCF Breath
15th Dec 2005, 05:30
Maybe their engines would last longer if they decided to do reduced thrust take-offs!

All of their 4 engines have suffered some major event and the 5th one (on loan) is probably close too!

haughtney1
15th Dec 2005, 21:32
As Im apt to say in a cheap beer port of call........"the more you drink...the more you save!!!";)