PDA

View Full Version : licence PPL onto NPPL

scantronic
24th Sep 2005, 15:27
Hi

I may be failing my next PPL medical due to blood in urine, not a problem as I have had tests and it is just a leaky bladder.

I cannot see any blood but its there, my doctor says its non medical and quite common.

Anyway when I have my medical the CAA doctor is bound to disagree and fail me.
If so how easy is it to transfer onto a NPPL ?

Thanks

stillin1
25th Sep 2005, 07:36
Very -
I just followed the info on the NPPL website, sent money and required paper-work (simple stuff) and got NPPL within a couple of weeks:ok:

BEagle
25th Sep 2005, 09:23
...and don't forget that, unlike the 5 year JAR-FCL PPL(A), the NPPL is a lifetime licence! Just keep your Medical Declaration and SSEA Class Ratings valid and the licence stays valid.

Revalidation criteria are being comprehensively reviewed and should be much simpler and clearer when they become law next spring.

pulse1
25th Sep 2005, 09:57
scantronic,

You may not fail your PPL medical with blood in urine if it has been established that the cause is not due to some of the nastier possibilies. I had this problem a couple of years ago and the AME would not pass me until he had established the cause. In my case, having had some tests, it was found to be due to an infection and I was then passed.

Good luck with whichever route you take. p1

scantronic
25th Sep 2005, 10:31
Thanks for your words.
Maybe I should go NPPL anyway, as I do not fly outside the UK

Don;t think I ever will either.
This way it will save me £200

I fly a PA28 and a Robin 2160, which I have been signed off to do Aero's

I hope it will not effect this?