PDA

View Full Version : ME, CSP Rating - New Zealand

gday809
23rd Sep 2005, 18:02
Dear All,

Good day! I am interested to pursue the type ratings for the multi-engine and constant speed propeller aircraft. Could anyone advise me if there is any good flying institution in New Zealand offering these trainings?

In order to minimize the cost and duration, could these trainings be combined on the same aircraft type such as Seneca? I am currently a holder of NZ PPL.

Thank you very much.

gday809

Oktas8
24th Sep 2005, 02:12
If by CSP you mean Constant Speed rating, be advised that there is no such thing in NZ.

The NZCAA only recognises aircraft type ratings (rather than class ratings or CSP ratings etc), so a Seneca type rating would achieve your goals very nicely!

Every town of reasonable size in NZ has some form of flying training school nearby. If all you want is a basic Seneca type rating, it probably doesn't really matter which school you use - ask around near where you live.

There have been many threads on PPRuNe over the last five years giving advice on good vs. not-so-good flying schools - do a search for more information if you are still interested.

Good luck,
O8