PDA

View Full Version : APP selection percentages

davepearsall
23rd Sep 2005, 12:38
Been through a lot of threads on this site. On the huge CTC scheme thread at the moment someone said that at oxford 25%-40% of applicants got through.

Is this through to phase 1? Or actually onto the course?

If anyone has any accurate information regardings selection for either the APP at OAT or CTC I would be very appreciable.

R T Jones
23rd Sep 2005, 14:51
The figure I have seen on more than one occasion for CTC is 2% of applicants get through all four stages and onto the course. I'm sure someone has some different figures and some for OAT.

veetwo
24th Sep 2005, 01:58
At a recent OAT seminar we were informed that the pass / failure rate is approximately 60% / 40% respectively.

V2

davepearsall
24th Sep 2005, 11:38
it still seems a lot more than i thought.

Do oxford get considerably less applicants than CTC do because of the higher prices do you rekon?

veetwo
24th Sep 2005, 12:20
Obviously, I suspect that CTC receive a LOT of application due to the sponsored nature of the course.

However, I think you need to remember that OAT is a business. It is in the market to make money. It is a self funded course. If they only accepted 2% of their applicants on to courses, they wouldn't be making enough dosh.

V2

Blinkz
24th Sep 2005, 13:14
CTCs pass rate from online application to people who start in NZ is about 2-3%.

OATs assessment has about a 50-60% pass rate, as has been said it is true they are very much a business and so can't be quite a selective about their pupils, but this is not all that they have to consider. Since they are a business people can decide to come to them or not and as such they have to make sure that they don't do anything to affect their image. The last thing OAT wants to do is to accept lots of totally unsuitable people to the course. While yes this would get them lots of money it would also mean that the failure rate would significantly increase and would most likely affect the image.

I've just started on OATs APP and so far I've been impressed, all the instructors are very switched on and the lessons have been a pleasure not a chore. :ok: