PDA

View Full Version : Air Chathams

sneakykiwi
21st Sep 2005, 15:20
Can anyone tell me what Air Chathams are flying these days? Last I saw in an old fleet guide was a C206, Queen Air, Metro, and CV580.

Is this still the case or have they got rid of those old piston bug smashers?

pakeha-boy
21st Sep 2005, 15:42
They have a dozen brand new ....wait for it.....

BRISTOL FREIGHTERS

Massey058
21st Sep 2005, 20:24
1 206 that does flights between the Pitt and Chatham Islands
2 Metro's in Origin Pacific Livery doing freight, charter and the odd scheduled pax service
5 CV580's, 1 pure freighter another 3 in service with another ex Era Aviation machine about to enter the fleet.

feather stroker
21st Sep 2005, 22:23
Looking for a job sneakykiwi?

sneakykiwi
23rd Sep 2005, 06:53
Aren't we always looking for a new job?!

Thanks for the info

Avpro
26th Dec 2005, 04:05
Can anyone help with contact details regarding crew recruitment with Air Chathams please?

Chief pilot / Ops manager names etc?
Email / phone numbers?

Any other info?

They don't seem to have a website.

Thanks.

mattyj
27th Dec 2005, 19:39
send your cv to D.Kyle (ops Manager)

P.O Box 52
Chatham Islands

Good luck..seem like a top bunch.

haughtney1
27th Dec 2005, 21:24
Is there anyone you dont know Matty J..?

:)

mattyj
29th Dec 2005, 04:16
heh heh..you know what they say..

..telephone, telegram, tell mattyj

..doesn't get you a job offer tho

GOATRIDER
29th Dec 2005, 20:03
Does anyone know the min hourly requirement for Air Chathams?

mattyj
30th Dec 2005, 21:54
You have to be a good bastard and know someone who works there for a good reference...the way it should be for every company..that would weed out all the attitudes!!

(otherwise CPL Multi IFR BGT and some reasonable hours..you know like Origin)

feather stroker
31st Dec 2005, 00:03
Avpro your CV needs to go to the following address not Darron Kyle who is chief pilot, Warren Gleeson is Ops Manager. They don't get involved in applicants or talk to them at CV stage, no point trying they are too busy. You just need to send in your CV and you will get a letter in reply saying it is on file:-

Air Chathams
Flight Operations
P O Box 2242
Stoke
Nelson 7001

Only real way to get onto a ground course with Chats is from a good reference from current crew. Hours/experience/ATPL's are looked at 1000+ but generally how you would fit is more important. When on the ground course, up to you on how you perform, and get on with current crew. No crew movement currently, CV's are all kept on file though.

Avpro
31st Dec 2005, 02:33
Feather Stroker,
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Avpro.

tinpis
31st Dec 2005, 03:32
:p

Climate

Much maligned. Moderate climate with an average temperature about the same as that of Christchurch and an average rainfalla about the same as that of Nelson. Chengeable, windy, and rarely frosts.

:p

Tin liked the penguins and seals that went flying past in the gentle breezes.

Kapai kai moana tho eh?

pakeha-boy
1st Jan 2006, 18:52
Tinpis.....couldnt agree more,spent some time on Pitt Island.After I finished at flockhouse,went our there with a mate,Paddy Lanauze,who was also at F/H,spent a couple of seasons shearing those things "they" call sheep.Great Pub scene,and the funny thing about it all was paddys dad I believe held all official positions on Pitt....flew out on a Bristol Freighter .....great place to see horizontal trees.....kuri

XTurb
12th Jan 2006, 00:22
Can anyone tell me where Air Chats pilots are based?

I.e. Chatham Islands? Wellington? Elsewhere?

Thanks.

feather stroker
9th Feb 2006, 09:23
27 Chats crew for the Metro and Convair are based in Auckland, Christchurch, Chathams, Tonga, Nelson. Head Office CHT, Flight Ops in NSN, Maintenance in NPE, Quality PPQ.