PDA

View Full Version : Fuel prices in your part of the world

VMC TO IMC
21st Sep 2005, 06:21
G'day all
Just trying to gauge the difference in price between Jet A1 and Avgas.
Currently in Queensland; Jet A1 $1.31/L, Avgas $1.39/L (AUD)
What's the average price where you fly?

Kiwiguy
25th Sep 2005, 07:24
VMC to FMC just for my own interest does that vary much accross Australia ?

Like from east coast to west coast or north to south etc ?

VMC TO IMC
5th Oct 2005, 05:12
KiwiGuy
The prices don't vary much in the capital cities, but the further remote or inland you head the higher the price will be per litre.
Apologies for the late reply.
VMC to IMC

mattyj
5th Oct 2005, 19:43
I sell avgas and jetA for a living and I wouldn't presume to quote any prices. Most accounts are volume sensitive..the figures you quoted would be a good average for a low volume user and prices are similar in NZ dollars over the Tasman but I know Qantas and AirNZ have negotiated prices in the 50 cent region because of their large purchase power. The regionals would be more than that but much less than the price you quoted.

Wheeler
6th Oct 2005, 00:28
Bloody hell - if Qantas can buy it for that price, they should get into the fuel selling business!

(Certainly makes you think about the margins - does it really put 170% on the price just to distribute it to GA - in capital cities at that?)

Falcon2000
6th Oct 2005, 03:14
...and C*SA is making all attempts to reduce the drop out rates of trainee pilots from GA...! Wouldn't working on the cost of training---including fuel costs for GA--- be a nice start...!;)

Aussie
6th Oct 2005, 06:08
I read in the last Australian Aviation mag that theres about 20% less student pilots training for CPL then 10yrs ago.... i guess with these prices the numbers will just keep dropping.

Aussie