PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Airport Diagrams on Eurocontrol AIP

NWSRG
20th Sep 2005, 23:42
Folks,

I have recently registered on www.ead.eurocontrol.int in an attempt to get some airport diagrams for Ireland. However, I can't get past the "AIP Basic Home" page...I'm clicking on the "Enter" button (for "Enter EAD Basic applications") but nothing is happening. I can access the other functions on this page.

I am running XP, and have downloaded and installed the Java add-ons...

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in anticipation...

BRL
21st Sep 2005, 05:28
Hi. I can quickly think of two possibilities here. One is have a look using Microsoft Internet Explorer and allow pop-ups.

Also have a look at your firewall/anti-virus settings. What ones are you using at the moment? Zone Alarm can cause some conflict with certain sites/programmes.

BRL
22nd Sep 2005, 23:25
Any joy?

NWSRG
27th Sep 2005, 20:07
BRL,

Thanks for the help, but no joy yet...

Tried adding the Java Plug-in from the site, but that didn't help...

I'm using Norton Internet Security and can't see anything untoward that would cause me problems...

Irish Steve
27th Sep 2005, 22:45
I'm using Norton Internet Security and can't see anything untoward that would cause me problems...

I've had several sites where Norton was blocking content that was needed, and eventually found that some of the needed content was being blocked by the "block popup" option in Norton, which is only "supposed" to stop annoying adverts. For some reason, it also stops things that are wanted on certain sites. I guess it's down to the way the programmer coded the thing.

I've not tried Eurocontrol, and I've thrown out Norton for that and other reasons, so I can't help with specifics.

Evo
28th Sep 2005, 04:51
Norton used to block the AIP website, because aerodrome information was in a .../ad/... directory that Norton assumed meant advert.