PDA

View Full Version : What is the Qantas CEO doing in Dubai ?

Fluke
18th Sep 2005, 12:52
Any ideas why Dixon was being shown about the Emirates training centre recently(this week). Surely not looking for cheap labour or subsidised fuel.:confused:

Poto
18th Sep 2005, 13:14
Maybe he was concerned with the price of orange star paint. Mind you I believe the pilots are now painting aircraft on days off as part of the new EBA for free. Soon to be paying for the privlegde;) :p

RIVER1
18th Sep 2005, 15:31
Visiting Michael Jackson apparently

hangar 9
18th Sep 2005, 16:31
Discussing joint training on A380, qantas have decided not to join up with SIA

schnauzer
18th Sep 2005, 17:52
Buying an island with his pay rise.....

Sheep Guts
18th Sep 2005, 18:05
I thought he might be staying one step ahead of Sir Dick by buying an Oil Refinery.

Sheep

donpizmeov
18th Sep 2005, 19:10
Fellas,
It was just that GD was the guest speaker at the recent CRAP meeting and lunch. These meeting are held a few times a year, and it just so happened that this one was held in DXB. I believe the CRAP HQ is being set up in DXB at the moment.
For those who do not know CRAP is "CEOs and Representatives Against Pilots". It has been said that its memebership is growing all the time.

Don

cardomumT
18th Sep 2005, 23:24
Local Rumour has it that since SQ dumped QF for handling in OZ that QF will do the same to SATS in SIN. They would then have to move to CIAS which is 100% owned by the EK group. Or maybe he's just shopping for rugs?

Enema Bandit's Dad
18th Sep 2005, 23:40
You're all wrong. He was sussing out how many of his pilots have applied to Emirates to figure out how much of a payrise he really needs to give them.

Buster Hyman
19th Sep 2005, 02:08
Can you get tea towels Duty Free?

Ronnie Honker
22nd Oct 2005, 02:52
Wasn't Dubai the place where Patricks (of VB) were training their scab labour in anticipation of breaking a stevedoring strike some time back?

With Jet Star now looking as though they might also be used to break the Q unions, one wonders what the little fellow was doing there, and whom he met.

Chimbu chuckles
23rd Oct 2005, 06:09
He was recruiting Russian Flight Attendants:E :ok:

Mr.Buzzy
23rd Oct 2005, 10:08
Carefully looking at which stick to pull out next from his huge game of aviation KERPLUNK!!!

bbbbbzzzzzzzbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz