PDA

View Full Version : DGAC and CAA licence conversion modular courses in States

fab01
17th Sep 2005, 22:03
Hi every body !!
This post is dedicated for Charlie zulu but all ideas are welcome

As mentionned in one of several posts on this forum, I would have your advice about JAA training in States. I'm interested in, JAA training not FAA training because I'm not an US citizen and don't have GC.
The advantage of an US training is the cost (i saw for example the cost of an integrated JAA ATP in Austalia or oxford :{.
Of course, we have MCC on 737 and another things but the price is about £55 000!! Its quite cheaper to do a french JAA about 60 000€ and live in UK for several mounths to improve englis skills.

I'm Malagasy - French and in most countries of the Indian Ocean, and Africa, the JAA licence is the 'requirement' of those countries (for example Vietnam air lines, MK air lines, MDG airlines...).
On the other hand, when i'll have my ATPL licence and CPL/IR, i would work abroad (why not MDG or MK). After 2 or three years and about 2000 H, i would come back in europe (Why not ryan air, AF, EZ....) as professionnal pilot not as rookie.

So, what do you think about approved CAA companies in states(like Naples, or others ?) , accomodation, way of life, costs of living there (if you want to relax friday or saturday night, what about girls ?). I think leisures are important too. But if you say that Naples is the best company and have the best rate of successful exams, i think i'll stay in NAPLES.
Are you an expert in JAR licence ?
For example with Naples, i could do a FAA complete licence and only JAA ATPL theorical and JAA CPL? What about IR/ME and MCC ? Can i do hours in the US ? Or must i do those 15 hours in UK ? What about MCC ? Must i do MCC in UK ? Should i do groundschool in UK too ? What about prices for a pratical IR/ME and MCC ?

Here's my last question. I try to find what is actually the position of the DGAC about doing JAA CPL in states and JAA IR/ME in UK but i didn't found any answer about it. I just know that the DGAC doesn't like modular courses especially if one of the parctical courses aren't done in JAA states.

I know, the DGAC is very :mad: but who wouldn't work for AF once in our life !!

I know this post shoul be destinate in french forums but i do in in english because most of poeple here are english fluent. Writting post in english helps me to improve my poor english skills.
Thanks for replies
And sorry to bother you again
bye