PDA

View Full Version : Eagle thread

mattyj
17th Sep 2005, 19:41
May I start an Eagle thread?

How many got in from last weeks interviews and when do the calls go out for the next round?

Cloud Cutter step up to the plate :ok:

Cloud Cutter
17th Sep 2005, 21:01
Not sure how many got in but apparently there wer 7 interviewed so prob 4 or 5. Interestingly enough they are being lumped onto the same ground course as the last round, starting tomorrow.

The last to start off the previous course go to Canada in 2 weeks after having been put back a couple of weeks.

So I guess you are looking at 10 new hires waiting starts which would take a minimum of 5 weeks, but probibly more.

What I think you'll see happen is a bit of a cool off on hiring for the next couple of months - this is because of the decision to delay the possible introduction of 2 aircraft, which has resulted in the heavy recruitment we've just seen.

Feel free to PM me with your details (hours ect) and maybe I could give you a better idea.

Cheers

Cloud Cutter
19th Sep 2005, 01:49
Sorry folks... at this stage it looks like recruitment has all but ground to a halt with no more interviews planned for the rest of the year. Some of the successful applicants off last weeks interviews have also had their ground course put off till next year. This is all based on projected hiring of Eagle pilots already on Air NZ yes letters which will be down to a trickle for the next few months.

It could all change though and quite possibly will with Cathay and Mount Cook also recruiting. It's like picking the election result:yuk:

Hang in there!!!

PropDuster
24th Sep 2005, 00:51
Cloud Cutter

You seem to be in the know re Eagle.

As an expat on the other side of the creek I'm keen to come back to NZ where Eagle looks like a good option for me.

It appears that there is no requirement for ME Command time or ATPL subjects for entry as and FO (sounds too good to be true?)

Would it be possible to upgrade to Command later down the track with a TTMRA converted ATPL (using Eagle to complete the Aus aeronautical requirements) or do they require NZ subjects (currently doing my Aus subjects and looking forward to not having to repeat the process in NZ if at all possible)

Are Eagles hour minimums low (1000/100) or is this normal for regionals in NZ?

Advise on the above and anything else Eagle / NZ Regionals would be greatly appreciated (Sorry if this has been covered before here)

Kindest Regards
Prop

:cool:

mattyj
24th Sep 2005, 21:26
I started applying when I had 1000/100 and had no joy..I have 5 ATPs so far and the recruitment guy said get as many as possible. They give you a big pay increase incentive if you have them done when you start.

I got a bit more time than that now but still no call..if cloud cutter is correct I won't be hearing from them untill Jan/Feb now.
I think the numbers now realistically are 1500/200..with 200 being the more important..preferably, about half that IFR.

Give them a call..their website ishere (http://eagleair.co.nz)

Good luck

flyby_kiwi
25th Sep 2005, 07:53
More who get in than dont wont have all thier subjects but most have usually got at least a few.
100hrs multi is stated as the min but latley youd need about 200 for an interview. TT doenst seem to matter so much...... a couple of interviewees of late have had less than 1000hrs.
I have hear there may be interviews in Dec. but thats second hand info.