PDA

View Full Version : Sunstate EBA

TopperHarley
17th Sep 2005, 11:09
How are the EBA negotiations going up north ??

Sounds like we're being played off against each other !

spinout
17th Sep 2005, 21:38
And why are the AFAP supporting the companies divide and conquer mentality?

It would seem to me, since both Eastern and Sunstate have EBA’s being negotiated, the negotiations would be conducted by the one industrial officer so as to bring the two EBA’s into line and stop this ridicules threat from the companies that if you don’t accept it the other one will.
The same should apply to the introduction of the Q400, one industrial negotiator with reps from both Sunstate and Eastern.

OperationsNormal
18th Sep 2005, 00:58
Who should our reps be talking to up north ?

Is there any "rank and file" support in Sunnies for presenting a united front to the comapny ?

SAS check
18th Sep 2005, 11:33
Gezzzz Spinout,
Your idea just shows toooo much common sense!!! And doesn’t Mr. Dixon just love the in house bitching of his different business units. Just my two cents!!

SAS;)

Poto
18th Sep 2005, 13:11
Why the questions? Sunstate will operate the 400 no matter what the EBA outcome. their market is the obvious choice for the aircraft. Any money spinner for Eastern is serviced by a jet. :E
good luck to all :ok:

hoss
18th Sep 2005, 23:12
Ok then, when the next size up aircraft arrives(probably jet) Eastern will be the obvious choice.

Reflect on recent history, and how the introduction of the BAe146 was handled.

:ok:

Stick Pusher
19th Sep 2005, 01:43
Just on a side note. I believe that there are a few other EBA's on the table currently...? Virgin, Jetstar N.J's. Anyone else (besides Sunstate)? anyone signed off as yet?

Goodluck! Here's hoping everone's going up for a change!:D

Capn Bloggs
19th Sep 2005, 03:29
SP,

As your name suggests, we've gone down.

Chimbu chuckles
19th Sep 2005, 12:53
So Hoss...what is Jetstar then?

Sunnies/Eastern will always be turboprop country...although why you have taken so long to become united is a little beyond me.

OperationsNormal
20th Sep 2005, 04:23
What are the sunnies guys after in the EBA ?

Are you happy with the 3 x 3 with trade offs, or after something more ??

Whats the going rate for a 400 driver ??

spinout
21st Sep 2005, 06:05
Rumor has it that Sunstate management has offered the pilots 3% + 3% for the EBA with trade offs…. And 7% for the 400…

If that is correct what is the feeling? Will it get up?

It does not sound like a good deal to me… but I guess the AFAP negotiators and their conspirators will tell you to take it as it’s the best deal you will get…. Where have I heard that before…

:cool:

spinout
22nd Sep 2005, 20:45
Well how did the vote go?:hmm:

spinout
27th Oct 2005, 08:10
so the EBA got up..... must be nice to live in QLD...:ouch: