View Full Version : Alternative Recipe for Grits

SASless
17th Sep 2005, 07:24
1. Put water into microwaveable container.
2. Add dry grits.
3. Microwave on High until done.

chuks
17th Sep 2005, 13:15
Could it not be the case that SASless is in the pay of The American Grits Marketing Board, a little-known but powerful and shady organisation, so that these postings represent forbidden advertising? I think someone should look into this.

In any case, grits probably have some sort of curious trace elements in their composition that cause structural changes in the cerebellum. I ate a bowlful once and spent the next two days listening to Tammy Wynette's 'Stand By Your Man' non-stop on my 8-track cassette player.

A friend ate two bowlsful and switched to voting Republican, left his downtown D.C. condo for a tin-roof shack in the hills above Manassas, married his first cousin and took up playing the banjo.

Personally, I am in favor of putting warning labels on the boxes about this sort of thing happening.

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Sep 2005, 13:38
Called pap (pronounced "pahp") in SA.

Layer the stuff in a baking dish with olives, tomatoes, chilis, bacon and cheese. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for a few minutes in a medium/hot oven. Cut slices and serve at your next barbie (call it a "braai" for authenticity). Known locally as a "paptert" or porridge tart.

That last one is sure to lead to multiple risible comments regarding Caledonian hookers.......:E