PDA

View Full Version : Naples & Vero Beach Environs

Biz
15th Sep 2005, 15:51
Hi all.

A lot has been written regarding the various schools in these localities, but this is not another one of those threads.

I am hoping that people might be have some imput & detail on what it is like to live in each of these areas that will be useful for those considering FL for training....and any other school of course!

What the neighbourhoods are like, size of the towns, whether there are places to let your hair down, is a car a necessity, the expenses of living in each, the local facilities, etc.

Those little details that may get overlooked, but can be critical.

Thank you!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
15th Sep 2005, 20:41
Click here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=162321), it may give you some idea about Naples.

All the best.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
15th Sep 2005, 21:17
Both Naples and Vero are pretty much the same deal. If I was over 65 both towns would be ideal. Yep both are pleasant enough alright but exciting, nah 'fraid not. Think Eastbourne with more Sun and Hurricanes and you'll be on the right track. You'll also find it difficult to meet unattached girls in there their twenties. If you like teenies or over 30 divorced types you might do better. After a year you'll be gagging for British girls (unless you reside in Stoke-on-Trent of course).

As far as getting around without wheels goes, forget it. Florida in general is not built for walking. Indeed, if you go into any Walmart half the people seem to be riding round on mobility scooters.

welshchris
15th Sep 2005, 21:25
i'm just leaving Vero Beach (I worked down in Fort Pierce at Aviator).. you can have my bike if you want

Vero has it's charm. You have to look for it.. but it's there.. no big night clubs though.. nice beaches. plenty to do within driving distance.. but yes, you can't do anything here without a car (but at least it's only about £2/gallon (v £8/gal back home))..

ditto the above... at 18yrs old all the girls leave town. they come back at 40yrs old. not sure why;)

A350
16th Sep 2005, 01:22
Naples is a nice place, great beach but sadly no night life at all. A few pubs can be good some nights and dead the next. You wont need to have a car in Naples everything is very close but its not a bad idea to have one when you want to escape and head to some serious clubs over in Miami. As for women forget it! Unless your 90 yrs old and have about 100 million in your account the women wont even look at you, thats is if you do manage to find some young hot ones. I hear some of the old divorced ones can be fun!!!!!

A350

Farrell
16th Sep 2005, 01:25
Cafe Caraibe at Vero Beach........Wooooo Hooooooo!!

WX Man
19th Sep 2005, 07:56
Naples is pretty nice as a town, but not much to do. Get the Greyhound bus to Tampa and go out in Ybor City if you want to make a night of it.

Miami- well, South Beach- is bloody expensive (think, $6 a beer), so Ybor City would get my vote every time.

And if you go to Tampa, stay in Gram's Place http://www.grams-inn-tampa.com/. ($16 for a dorm room. Probably the best $16 you will ever spend).

If you're in South Beach, stay at Clay's Hotel http://www.clayhotel.com/index.htm. $18 dorm rooms. So long as you can avoid the South Beach Space Invaders (numerous druggies in the area, but South Beach is full of that) you'll be fine.