PDA

View Full Version : FAA Hours

Farrell
15th Sep 2005, 11:19
Hi

Can someone please help me to filter through all the hour building requirements for the FAA route.

If I give you this as a template, and assuming the training is Part 141, can you please fill in the missing hours.

I don't need it broken down into dual / solo hours, i just need the totals.

Thanks

Farrell

PPL - minimum number of hours required for completion: ___ hrs

Hours required between PPL and Instrument Rating: ___ hrs

Instrument Rating: min. no. of hours required: ___ hrs

Multi-Engine Rating: min. no. of hours required: ___ hrs

Hour required between above and Commercial Licence: ___ hrs

Commercial Licence: min. no. of hours required: ___ hrs

Thanks again!

cons
15th Sep 2005, 21:53
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=8d64ab47432d7837ada4d3c468c32950&rgn=div5&view=text&node=14:3.0.1.1.2&idno=14

the info is all there

Farrell
16th Sep 2005, 01:13
Thanks cons.....:ok:

Mr Blue Eyes
17th Sep 2005, 17:26
You want to do an FAA Qualification but have not got a copy of the FAR/AIM!!!!! No wonder you students don't get jobs!!!!!!

You need to know the FAR/AIM inside & out!

Farrell
19th Sep 2005, 10:14
No Mr Blue Eyes

I have a copy of the FAR/AIM and I know what the required hours are.

I was looking for confirmation of the flight hours from someone else - in order to make sure that the information I was passing on to another student was accurate, rather than jumping the gun and making a stupid, uninformed comment.

I see also that you registered here a week ago - welcome to Pprune.

Mr Blue Eyes
19th Sep 2005, 16:36
So you don't trust the FAR/AIM then! Why do you think the info in it would be stupid, inaccurate and uninformed!! If you took it from there it would not be uninformed would it!

As an exFAA Instructor I made a point of making sure all my students new the hours required, where to find them etc etc, after all its their licence!
:E

Farrell
19th Sep 2005, 17:37
Check, check and check again. :E

Mr Blue Eyes
20th Sep 2005, 09:31
Nothing wrong with checking, (although why double check an FAA publication!!)I would have thought that the excellent FAA web/email site may be better than a web page dedicated to rumours!!:E :E

Farrell
20th Sep 2005, 12:39
Check1: My copy of the FAR/Aim

Check 2: The FAA website

Check 3: The AOPA website

Check 4: Pprune

To be sure, to be sure, to be sure - this is going into an ebook so I'd rather it was correct.:E ;)

Mr Blue Eyes
20th Sep 2005, 17:14
I don't think I need to comment further after your last remark!