PDA

View Full Version : Jerez Modular???

Dan 98
15th Sep 2005, 08:30
Hi,
I'm half way through my ATPL's, taking the last exams in Jan 2006, and am looking to start the CPL/IR/ME in March.

I'm starting to look at schools and would be interested in anyone's experience with Jerez who did it the Modular route, did you get completed in the quoted time scale, did Integrated students take priority over the Mod students etc... Any info would be greatly appreciated on this or any other schools. I have done a search on Jerez and it brought up very little, so not being lazy honest!!
Cheers

Dan

Cpt. Chaos
15th Sep 2005, 21:17
Go for it,

I am alittle bias mind you, but it is a fantastic place.

My mate is over there at the mo doing it modular, and having no problems at all, the intergrated students seems to be on a different structure so they don't seem get priority, and everyone seems to get one, no them and us attitude.

Good luck.

Dan 98
16th Sep 2005, 07:25
Thanks for your feedback Capt Chaos.

moggiee
16th Sep 2005, 21:43
Are they actually taking modular students there now?

When I was on the staff there we had approval for modular but never actually accepted any modular students (or more to the point, priced ourselves out of the reckoning).

If you get a space/can afford it then it's a great place in many respects.

silverknapper
17th Sep 2005, 11:27
£8284 for a CPL at Jerez at todays rates?!?! And that is with 7 hours in the sim instead of aircraft. Moggiee is right, they are pricing themselves out of it (probably for a reason).
Not sure why you would go for any reason other than to live in spain for 3 weeks. They don't have an astounding reputation. I don't mean that negatively, but there are plenty of excellent schools here. Also the debateable benefits of going to an integrated school won't apply to you.

FlyUK
17th Sep 2005, 13:35
They don't have an astounding reputation.

Spoken like you really know what you are talking about! :rolleyes:

For those intrested in modular at Jerez, as far as i am aware after talking to management recently, there will be 2 modular courses in the near future but then i think that is it. They will be focusing mainly on the integrated courses as they have a few contracts with airlines sending students here. Having said that you may want to contact the school to find out what they say. :ok:

silverknapper
17th Sep 2005, 17:51
I do know what I'm talking about. Jerez are no better than many schools in the UK, and they are certainly more expensive, for less hours in the airplane.

FlyUK
17th Sep 2005, 19:33
Jerez are no better than many schools in the UK - Can't tell you, because i havn't been to them all. As i'm sure you havn't?

and they are certainly more expensive, for less hours in the airplane. - Don't disagree at all, but you definately get what you pay for. I'm not going to get in an argument at all. I just think that maybe you shouldn't start painting a picture before you have all the facts. :)

silverknapper
17th Sep 2005, 19:59
You clearly don't get what you pay for. Less hours in the aircraft for more money?! I know you are there and feel you have to defend the place, but over £8k for a CPL is a lot of cash.
I haven't been to Jerez, I went out to see it but decided against it. Students who were there were unhappy, morale was low all over, and I wanted to feel like a valued customer, not a school kid. I know people who did go, and from their experience I know that it is no better than any one of many schools here. I'm not saying it's worse - but not better. If they had some unbelievable reputation for teaching modular CPL's we would all know about it, and would all go there.

Cpt. Chaos
17th Sep 2005, 23:45
Well just to have my two pennies worth.

Yes it may be a tad more expensive than others, but you do get what you pay for.

They do have a good reputation, maybe not in modular terms but give them chance, they have not been doing it all that long.

I am a former student (intergrated) and it is a great place, not just in terms of lifestyle but the flying and tuition is of a high standard. That does not just come from my point of view but I know for a fact that is the view of some senior pilots in many airlines.

So don't judge a book by its cover and maybe the people you spoke to out there, were not the right people to speak to for whatever reason.

But yes I am sure there are better places and just as good a places elsewhere, so lets not have a fight over which flying school is the best, for we could all be here a while if we all stood up for the places we thought were the best.

Let each person make their own choice.

Diamond 'katana' geezer
17th Sep 2005, 23:49
I feel the question here is more about the weather. It cannot be guaranteed in either place, but it’s a fair bet that it will be better in Spain than Blighty during December and January.

I'm certainly no Jerez-ophile however; the £8000 does include accommodation and meals, bar etc etc. If you own your home then that’s no big deal, if you rent, its a plus...assumptions made.

A few more hours on a twin than 'most' places....assumptions made.

Dan, as you can see this pprune is full of ridiculous and ill-informed opinions from faceless nobodies. Accept this opinion as another of they.

Take Care

Dan 98
18th Sep 2005, 18:22
Thanks for all the views.

Dan