PDA

View Full Version : Vale Chris Beattie

Paint The Sky Pink!
15th Sep 2005, 05:58
For news about Chris Beatties accident & funeral go HERE (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2095065#post2095065)

PTSP!

Chimbu chuckles
16th Sep 2005, 00:44
Very sad indeed.

Near the end of that piece some ATSB spokesperson suggests they will NOT be involved in the investigation and have no idea what caused it.

Does that seem a little strange to anyone else?

Pete Conrad
16th Sep 2005, 01:03
Not really Chimbu, if the aircraft the gentleman was flying was not a VH registered aircraft, and registered under the sport aviation banner or ultralight banner, then the ATSB most likely won't investigate, the Sport Aviation body or the AUF will.

unfortunately, thats how it is these days.

Paint The Sky Pink!
16th Sep 2005, 03:37
I thought Chris plane was VH registered. I only looked at it once, and that was when he had not long had it, a few months ago.

Updated Funeral details

Correct time is 1.00

Tuesday 20th Sept.
Anglican Church
Moree NSW

Please PM me is you require further details.

PTSP

Midlevels
16th Sep 2005, 06:05
The aircraft was VH registered, however the ATSB will not investigate the cause of the accident, because it's registered in the sport aircraft category.

Chris did not build the aircraft, as reported in some newspapers.

He was a good man.

R.I.P. my friend.

HAMO
16th Sep 2005, 06:20
RIP Christo

A champion bloke who made many friends during his time at Hazos.

Will be sadly missed by all who knew him

The Messiah
16th Sep 2005, 10:17
Rest in Peace Beatts,

They didn't give you long enough at the crease mate, you were just getting your eye in.

Ever so sadly missed. :sad:

mairyhinge
16th Sep 2005, 13:38
Chris was a top bloke and the world was a better place because of him, miss the times at the china bear mate.
RIP brother.

gallie girl
20th Sep 2005, 09:45
Thanks for all the good times Chris. I will always have fond memories of our fun times together, on the Saab!!!

xxxx