PDA

View Full Version : Trident Arrival

HZ123
11th Sep 2005, 10:39
It has been on the back of a low loader for the last couple of days. Anyone know its ETD.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
11th Sep 2005, 12:47
G-AWZK has arrived at Manchester this morning ( by lorry i`m sad to say )

Good luck to the guys putting it back together again

G-I-B

Globaliser
11th Sep 2005, 14:01
Departure from where? It's arrived at Manchester (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189587), and I thought that's where it's staying. :D

ALLDAYDELI
11th Sep 2005, 18:36
ex-LHR where its been for past few years

oulton35
11th Sep 2005, 20:27
I saw it going up the M6 this morning when I was on the way down to Duxford

HZ123
12th Sep 2005, 06:23
May it RIP. It is a shame that it has been used for De-icing and washing as the paint scheme looks now to be in poor condition.

Lost_luggage34
12th Sep 2005, 11:46
It was also used for tug practice HZ123 - not such a sad use.

Agree that it's paint scheme has been left to go quite poor.

But it has gone to a good home and I have no doubt that the true enthusiasts at MAN will look after it and see it return to its former glory.

Krystal n chips
20th Sep 2005, 10:53
Oh dear !!----from the Manchester Metro News article concerning this event. No link, so I quote verbatim.

"British Airways said farewell to it's last Trident G-AWZK or Zulu Kilo as it is affectionately known"--followed by---and here you just have to applaud the standard of journalism :yuk:

"Only four other Zulu Kilos have been preserved, the other three are in museums".

Reasons why journo's and aviation are not compatible--No. 1725 !:(

What is more disturbing however, is the fact that if he got the elementary facts wrong here, what else has been written that is also incorrect?.

Of course, there could be three other types in museums with this registration :hmm: :rolleyes: