PDA

View Full Version : Formation over Brighton seafront

effortless
11th Sep 2005, 09:45
Saw a lovely little formation travelling west to east along the seafront at Brighton yesterday evening. A helo, what looked like a single Otter, a Chippy and, I think, a Cub. I thought that the helo was a Squirrel but I was a bit fuddled. Anyone know what it was about? Effortless' constant companion was entranced.

Conan the Librarian
11th Sep 2005, 11:26
Dunno, wasn't here, but how about a Chippy, a Beaver, an Auster, plus supporting acts? Begins to sound like the Army Air Corps Historic flight to me. In another 12 months or so, the Apache should have been in AAC ownership long enough to operate with the flight as well.

Conan

foxmoth
11th Sep 2005, 17:56
Passed over Petersfield as well but I did not see them in time to make out types.

effortless
11th Sep 2005, 19:11
Beaver, Chippy and Auster sound about right. The Chippy was in RAF trainer colours. The helo could have been anything with the amount of alcohol that was in my brain at the time. Ta all.

treadigraph
11th Sep 2005, 21:58
Helicopter would be either Sioux, Scout, Alouette or Skeeter. Think the Sioux and Alouette appeared at Biggin last weekend.

Chippy is indeed red and white.

12th Sep 2005, 20:39
The AAC Historic Flight Beaver, Chipmunk and Auster were on the apron at Shoreham Saturday afternoon.