PDA

View Full Version : PA Spine

Ginger Beer
11th Sep 2005, 08:12
Dear All,

With the introduction of the new pension scheme AFPS 05, and the new pension point (IPP) becoming 18/40. Presumably (never presume check), PAS will now be boarded/offered after 18 yrs of service instead of 16/38 or 22/40 yrs ?

After all, PAS boarding dates related to IPP didn't they ?. Anyone experienced this situation yet ? As NCA, should I be pressing to test now as I approach the 18 yrs point ?

As the decision to stay with AFPS 75 or change pension scheme is to be made over the next few months, this is an important question to which I have been unable to get a straight answer !!

Yours Aye,

Ginger Beer

k1rb5
11th Sep 2005, 18:25
I've been told recently that PA will now be offered at the 20 year point and come into effect at 22 for NCA.

Ginger Beer
11th Sep 2005, 18:36
If all the PAS bumff is related to IPP date, and under AFPS 05 the new IPP will be 18/40 for all, then surely PAS must be from that point, not 20 yrs for officers and 22 yrs for NCA.

The original reason for PAS, they said, was to keep aircrew in flying roles past their pension points.

Ergo, my new pension point becomes my 18 yrs point. Therefore, I should at least be boarded for PAS ?

Ginge.

16 blades
11th Sep 2005, 20:08
...and what if you decide (as almost all will) to remain on AFPS75? Will you be boarded / offered PA at your 38/16 point?

16B

Vage Rot
11th Sep 2005, 20:28
whatever your decision wrt pension, PAS will only make it better. as far as I'm concerned, I'm sticking with pension 75 as It's better for me. pension pays mortgage at age 43 which is when I'll pull the yellow and black handle. Varies for individuals

If you plan on staying to 55 - dont!!! stay to 54 and 364 days!! 2 lump sums and a marginal reduction in pension!!

Play the system guys (& galls) use the pension calc and decide when it's best to go.

Have loved this job 4 20 years, not bitter. just it's changed and I've changed in the opposite direction, but the buggers have milked me and I'll milk them in any pensionable way I can!

Ginger Beer
12th Sep 2005, 07:09
16 B

Presumably the IPP/PAS boarding date will now be 18/40 for all those now joining AND those of you who transfer to AFPS 05 ?

Any barrack room lawyers able to answer the big q then, does changing over to AFPS 05 mean that PAS boarding dates change to 18/40 point (for Os and NCA) because the IPP has therefore changed ??????

PAS was introduced to keep us flying past our pension points.

Ginge

Ginger Beer
13th Sep 2005, 07:26
C'mon somebody, anybody,

there has to be another military aviator considering this. I just tried hand-brake house again, with no definitive answer.

Just keeping it at the top.

Ginge.

EESDL
13th Sep 2005, 07:44
Ginge
I think all the mil aviators have already left - switch the light off mate!

Always_broken_in_wilts
13th Sep 2005, 09:28
Vage Rot

"If you plan on staying to 55 - dont!!! stay to 54 and 364 days!! 2 lump sums and a marginal reduction in pension!!"

Am I missing something? My ott pack shows me being over 7 grand a year better off pension wise and 22 grand more of a hand shake, please advise :O

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

k1rb5
13th Sep 2005, 09:33
Ginger

Don't think you'll get any kind of answer from handbrake house at 07:26 me old :ok:

Ginger Beer
13th Sep 2005, 11:59
K1,

07:26 was GMT so, 08:26 BST. Apparently it's still summer ???

Ginge.

EESDL
13th Sep 2005, 15:15
nice retort, bet that put them in their place!!
ooh, do wish I was stil in the mob....sounds a great place:-)

Topofclimb
14th Sep 2005, 09:30
Having been PA since the change from Spec Aircrew I can confirm that I get more pay now than I did and would have if I'd stayed SA and secondly my pension will be almost 25% more under the new AFPS 05 scheme. OK so some sums to do ref lump sums etc and of course you will get less if you leave early but IMHO PA is a good deal in terms of a financial reward. Unfortunately I think PMA are now trying to get rid of PA people for that reason.