PDA

View Full Version : What to do after ejecting!

Pilot Pacifier
11th Sep 2005, 07:48
Hi Gents...

If you ever get bored should you eject, you could always try some of this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=S-EzJ2P_TfY&search=skydiving

PP

Onan the Clumsy
11th Sep 2005, 14:40
I remain unconvinced about the wisdom of removing the rig once you're under canopy :ooh:

on reflection it could be a strategy to speed the dsescent profile, ...just not a viable one.

oooer, there are one or two other vids there that those of a sensative nature might want to avoid :E

CBA_caption
11th Sep 2005, 15:44
I was under the impression that the No 1 thing to do after ejecting was to break ones leg. Drill number 2 is to fire off all mini-flares!

CBA

Farmer 1
11th Sep 2005, 15:58
I think this sets a very bad example - no one in that car was wearing a seatbelt.

Talking Radalt
11th Sep 2005, 16:04
Take a look at some of the other vids on the linked site.
The proliferation of oriental pseudo-X Factor shows is frankly distubring. :bored:....

....especially when you think how disturbing X-Factor is in itself. :uhoh:

Ghostie31
11th Sep 2005, 17:56
I think any one who jumps out of a perfectly good aeroplane is

STUPID!!!!!! :}

insty66
11th Sep 2005, 18:45
I think any one who jumps out of a perfectly good aeroplane is

STUPID!!!!!!

Never mind stupid I'd say blimmin ungrateful:suspect:

Onan the Clumsy
12th Sep 2005, 03:21
I'd say you obviously haven't tried it and therefore your understanding of the activity is limited.

...either that or you're just too scared :E

wobble2plank
21st Sep 2005, 10:07
Pilot to parachuter:

I would never jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft!

Parachuter:

I have never flown in a perfectly servicable aircraft!

QED

iccarus
21st Sep 2005, 12:16
Have in the past been briefed that after landing, one should:-

a/ Make sure they have carried out the correct drills in terms of LSJ etc - so you don't get stitched at the board!

b/ Check their FRC's and "make sure" that they carried out the correct bold face drills - so they don't get stitched at the board!

c/ Get their story straight - so they don't get stitched at the board!

d/ Have a wee dram to "calm the nerves" - so you don't get stiched by the feds when they try and breathalyse you and then get stitched by the board!!!

Call me an old cynic

Icc

newswatcher
21st Sep 2005, 12:29
Deceptive word "serviceable". Looks as though it should mean - capable of being serviced, as in "maintainable"!
:confused:

ORAC
21st Sep 2005, 12:32
Start working out a list of the mess kit, No 1s, Breitling watch and all the other value items you had, undoubtedly, had stashed in your overnight bag..... :cool:

Tarnished
21st Sep 2005, 12:50
"old cynic for Mr Iccarus"

I say again

"old cynic for Mr Iccarus"