PDA

View Full Version : Part way through and the school goes bust

stillalbatross
11th Sep 2005, 00:00
Can someone explain what happens if I'm part way through an approved course for JAA Frozen ATPL and the school goes bust. How hard is it to transfer the parts of the approved course I've completed across to the new school?

Keygrip
11th Sep 2005, 03:51
Depends where you did the first part - and where you want to finish it off.

No easy answer. Tell us more - if you want specific answers you have to ask specific questions.

G-SP0T
11th Sep 2005, 16:01
i was at PGT when they went bust just b4 my exams. got taken on by another school who cant seem to be able to do enough to help me...

GusHoneybun
11th Sep 2005, 22:05
Are you concerned for a reason or is this just a curious question. Would be suprised to hear that an integrated school was going down the swanney.

Still, stranger things have happened on a dark night when the devil sets fire to your arse.

stillalbatross
11th Sep 2005, 22:39
Thanks all, I have a mate who is with an Italian flight school that has gone bust just after doing his exams and partway (40ish hours) through flying. He was starting from scratch. The new school that took them all on seem to be a little slow at getting them up and running with the remainder of their course but is happy for them to get "miscellaneous dual" in the meantime. My Italian isn't so hot so I thought I'd throw the question up here.

Pilot Pete
11th Sep 2005, 22:58
Would be suprised to hear that an integrated school was going down the swanney. Why? It's happened before here in the UK......a friend of mine lost £10k and someone else he knew had literally paid over £18k a couple of days before they went under........not pleasant.

PP

GusHoneybun
11th Sep 2005, 23:18
PP,

not saying that it wouldn't happen, but with the current climate, it would suprise me if one of the uk/spanish schools went the way of the dodo.

history, however, does have a habit of repeating itself :ugh:

PSF2J
26th Sep 2005, 16:27
SFT - Need i say anymore. (PilotAssist i think as well?)

I know many people who lost thousands to SFT! I won't get into heated debate on them, as it's all to easy to do.

Flight Training is sporadic. Any company can be here today, gone tomorrow regardless of the economic situation.

J

Send Clowns
26th Sep 2005, 16:35
Integratred training transfer needs CAA approval. Transfer of hours towards modular groundschool if that is started but not complete would likewise need CAA approval. I would expect it to be automatic in both cases if the school had gone under, as it was for those I taught at SFT's groundschool who then finished off some with the help of our instructors and took the rest elsewhere. The CAA were as flexible as they could be - I even had delegated authority to finish one guy off in my subject "training as required".

Course notes must go with the student for modular flying courses, but we have had people complete CPL courses here who started elsewhere.