PDA

View Full Version : Leuchars Airshow

syncro_single
10th Sep 2005, 16:26
Just want to say thanks to all who helped make the Leuchars Airshow another great day out. Weather wasn't that good but the flying displays were great, especially the Reds, F3 and Typhoon.
Well done also to the support staff, many of them unseen.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

FunkyMunky
10th Sep 2005, 16:57
Missed the show for the first time in a good few years :( Glad to hear it went well though.:ok:

DB6
10th Sep 2005, 17:10
First time I haven't got sun/windburnt in a few years. Airfield attack was good fun too, I take it there were some no-shows on the day hence the second Typhoon display? And my favourite aircraft ever, the Spit XVIII. Beautiful.

Kiting for Boys
10th Sep 2005, 19:30
Thanks to all.

The Reds display was better than last year, in my civilian opinion.
The Merlin was excellent. I hadn't realised how good it was to watch.
The Hercules J going backwards...wtf is that about :p
The Typhoon looked great - does it have a gun yet?
The Irish were there. Thanks lads

And the Hun in the Sun were from Richthofen Sqn ...with a Phantom :ok:

Oh and according to the Programme - BUFF stands for Big Ugly Fat Fellow. Is this true?

Kluseau
10th Sep 2005, 21:57
Despite a less than ideal day the show by the Reds was the best I've ever seen by them (and I've seen quite a few). BBMF couldn't make it, which was a shame for the RAF's only remaining Battle of Britain Airshow. But some wonderful work by, amongst many others, a solo Chinook and a solo Merlin helped paper over any cracks.

There's some pix from today and from the press call on Thursday (the usual media day yesterday was a total wash out from a photographic point of view) on this page:

www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/leuchars/rafleucharsairshow/index.html

and the page of additional images attached to it.

serf
11th Sep 2005, 06:45
I agree, good show. Shame about the BBMF, could thet not have arrived on an earlier day, the poor en-route weather was forecast well in advance.

A2QFI
11th Sep 2005, 07:53
SFAIK the Typhoon has a gun but it can't shoot anything - it is just there to keep the C of G in the right place!

Impiger
11th Sep 2005, 08:28
Glad the day went well. Shame about BBMF but their programme in September is so tight that they can't often make it the day before or flex things around because of weather. Were they coming from Jersey again?

As for the BUFF well in my day it was spelt with one F and stood for Big Ugly F**ker

serf
11th Sep 2005, 12:04
not much in the days beforehand according to the displays programme on the RAF website - BoB day at Leuchars no BBMF

SASless
11th Sep 2005, 14:46
As others have said....Thanks to all of the hard working folks at RAF Leuchars who made particiating in the show a wonderful time. The organization and efforts by the organizers, catering staff, transport, ground services staff, and others who did the hard work helping the participants was top notch and very well done. "Hand Salute!"

I speak for all the Huey Gang....thanks a Million!:ok:

matkat
11th Sep 2005, 15:00
First time i have been there since I left the mob 16 Years ago but always see the show as live 2 miles from Leuchars I also enjoyed it especially the typhon what a machine!but overall thouroughly enjoyed it,thanks to Everyone involved.

ComJam
11th Sep 2005, 17:48
Just want to add my thanks to the organisers, great weekend. Last nights party was excellent, but i'm still suffering a little :)

Who'd have known that a little blue bizjet could attract so many nutters :D

Cheers all

seafuryfan
12th Sep 2005, 22:25
A big thank you, Leuchars, from the 33 and 230 Puma crews. Very well hosted (thanks hosters), good ents, and good show with a varied static line-up. Post-show FOD plodders: CHEERS!

Pity we were stopped by the Coppers from showing the public the inside, but we understand the reasons, litigation, H&S etc, sign of the times (sigh).

All in all, a great couple of days away. See you next year?

:ok:

FlyboyBen
13th Sep 2005, 07:35
Hey Seafuryfan,

Yeah, what was that all about, not being aloud to be shown around. Was quite disappointed about that, especially as one of your pilots (CB) was an old school friend of mine. Was a nice surprise to see him there!!!

FBB