PDA

View Full Version : RAF man honoured over sea tragedy

newswatcher
9th Sep 2005, 10:37
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/4229088.stm)

MightyGem
9th Sep 2005, 12:41
A thoroughly well deserved award.

FJJP
9th Sep 2005, 14:15
I had the pleasure of working with Nick for several years in his pre-SAR life; a quiet, modest and unassuming professional. Well done Nick - a well deserved award for a brave and gutsy rescue.

FJJP

Climebear
9th Sep 2005, 15:54
There is also a quad of QCBs for a cpl, two jnr techs and an SAC. Not easy to come by, well done to everyone who was honoured, and a lot more deserving types that weren't.

Tanewha
9th Sep 2005, 18:02
Well done Nick.

PPRuNe Pop
9th Sep 2005, 20:50
From all mods at PPRuNe Towers, a thoroughly well deserved award. Congratulations to you and the crew

ShyTorque
10th Sep 2005, 10:03
Hear, Hear!

A modest but extremely brave man, responding with humility even in honour, in the very best traditions of the RAF.

:ok:

sarmonkey
11th Sep 2005, 13:59
I'm serving down south with Nick at the moment, and he has asked me to pass on his thanks for all the kind words on this forum. Please PM any messages you want passed.

mallardpi
11th Sep 2005, 17:36
Congratulations to MACR Petch for his award for his outstanding bravery. It is good to see the valiant efforts of the UK SAR Force do not go unnoticed.

Whatever one says about the difficulties of SAR helicopter operations, this incident just goes to show it doesn't matter whether you are at Lossiemouth, Chivenor or any other of the SAR bases, all the SAR flights, RN and CG included, always show the highest levels of endeavour and commitment when it is called for.

Well done also to the 'other three' on the aircraft that day - they often get forgotten, as I know from personal experience.

Well done E Flt.

Role1a
13th Sep 2005, 18:20
Well done Nick. Not bad for a Siggie

doris day
14th Sep 2005, 18:59
Well done Nicholas, don't waste all your heart beats.