PDA

View Full Version : Current FTE Students

Panther1984
8th Sep 2005, 17:42
Current FTE Students

Well here I go with my first post.

I'm sort of swinging towards the FTE corner when deciding which school to do an Integrated course at. So if any of the current/past FTE integrated guys and girls could let me know the following it would certainly help as I would rather hear it from you than the marketing department.

Whats the employment success rate on your course like and if your now buzzing the skies how long did you wait after graduating to get that first job.

How many of you are there per course.

Why did you choose FTE over other schools.

Blinkz
8th Sep 2005, 17:55
Not been to FTE but a number things that made me choose OAT over them was 2 fold.

1) OAT seperate the flying and GS, FTE mix some of it. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I personally would rather get all the GS done and then concentrate on the flying.

2) Again another personel choice, I would far rather spend 3-4months in the US then 18months in Spain.

FTE is supposed to be a very good school from all accounts, just slightly different to the others. Don't forget that its price doesn't include a JOC that OATs does.

ask26
8th Sep 2005, 23:12
Having now visited OAT and FTE and spoken at length to students in both places I'm leaning slightly towards FTE.

As to why:

All the training is in JAA airspace.

The facilities and campus are second to none and much better, as is the food !!, and the fact you are stuck so to speak in a campus means in my case at least you will for sure concentrate a lot harder and not have to travel every day.

If you include the JOC with FTE you get 24hrs not 20 as with OAT for €98000 so about Ģ67000.

I like the fact the price is all in, you also do the CPL not just the IR test in a twin so the pressure is really upon you. It also seems to have recently at any rate placed more pilots with BA. But to be fair both of the schools seem to have preferred partners whom you will get an interview with.

There are also only about 140 students in the whole place (doubled since last year) and each course is nearly full for the rest of the year.

The thing I sensed Oxford does better is in the quality of the written manuals but having said that FTE's ground results are higher than Oxfords and their IR first time pass rate is about 60% compared to 46% CAA average.

I guess it's more of a gut instinct, I wasn't too keen before the visit but was very impressed by what was on offer and made sure I grilled the CFI before I left. Also if you are looking for finance the Spanish bank BBVA will give you the full loan unlike OAT where you will have to find Ģ20k yourself.

But you really need to visit both to make your mind up for as Blinkz said there are just as many who will find pros for OAT.

BongleBear
9th Sep 2005, 08:47
go to jerez its quality, it'll be the best 18 months of your life. not sure about the food though, unless its been sorted out over the last year! the surroundings are amazing and you really get attached to the lifestyle and events of jerez and seville. the level of instructing is amazing. just go man!
b bear

fray bentos pielot
10th Sep 2005, 20:10
There are a max of 14 per course

Iīve only just started at FTE but i would defo come here and not go to OAT. The weather is better, the food is better, the accomdation is better and most importantly, the pass marks are better.

Getting personal for a breif moment, the people are friendlier, students and instructors alike. I realise thatīs a huge generalisation but from my three visits to OAT i did not get a good impression.

In my opinion itīs a no contest. FTE offers better value for money.