PDA

View Full Version : AIP on CD?

Reese Jones
7th Sep 2005, 18:25
G’day folks, have been looking with no luck for an electronic version of the Aussie AIP. Does anyone know if Airservices Australia offers it in a CD format, or a downloadable PDF version?
Any info would be great,
cheers
RJ

Captain Starlight
7th Sep 2005, 20:57
You could purchase the CASA CD Rom, contains just about everything except DAPs

Go here

www.airservicesaustralia.com (www.airservicesaustralia.com)

Once you get there, you can BUY the CD Rom and Subscription,
around $AUD200,

or if you just want some approach plates,
you can print them out from the site (PDF Format).

CS

ITCZ
7th Sep 2005, 22:36
Or get in touch with Bob Pascoe at the IT Department of the Charles Darwin University.

He has put together a tablet pc/laptop system that downloads the AIP from the net, FOR FREE!

The AIP and all other civil aviation rules and regs are in the public domain and are published on the net for free. You are only paying to have it printed or published to CD rom

Bob's system was reviewed in Australian Flight Safety mag a couple of issues back.

You might have to spring for a laptop/tablet pc or his software, but mate you gotta take a look at what he has put together. 10/10.

University switch is 08 8946 6666.

Atlas Shrugged
7th Sep 2005, 23:48
AIP (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/aip.asp?pg=20&vdate=1-Sep-2005&ver=1)

Too easy!

Reese Jones
8th Sep 2005, 00:00
thanks for the info - all good,
atlas, I knew about that one but need a copy for the computer when I have no internet hookup - guess I should have said that in the first place,
cheers
RJ

topdrop
8th Sep 2005, 11:43
Try befriending a controller - we get given them on CD every amendment. Can't say I've used mine too often.