PDA

View Full Version : CASA Logbooks?

Induced Turbulence
7th Sep 2005, 12:07
Just went to get a new logbook and was told there are now only 2 types. The ATC and the ASA logbooks. Does anyone know what happened to the CASA format Logbook and if there are still any available?

Capt Fathom
7th Sep 2005, 12:27
You should have bought five at once when you had the chance! :E

jandakotpilot
7th Sep 2005, 13:00
The CASA logbooks were replaced by the ASA books. ASA I think were making the CASA logbooks previously. The ASA has some minor improvements I think.
Personally the layout of the ATC cant be beaten!

Altimeters
8th Sep 2005, 10:37
Or the new professional pilot's logbook now available from ATC. But I agree with jandakotpilot the layout of the ATC is excellent!

Super Cecil
8th Sep 2005, 11:45
Any supplies of the CASA logbook?

Both new ones have wasted areas and lose about 6 lines per page compared to the ole lightblue ones.:(

Speaking of lines per page, how do other people use the lines?
On a big day with a few different legs, do you put 1 leg per line or the whole day to a line?

Altimeters
8th Sep 2005, 12:40
Not sure about others but being in GA instructing I usually do the one line per flight, and only separate the months by one line and start a new page for a new year.

OzExpat
8th Sep 2005, 14:18
I have one of the old... old... old logbooks. Methinks I better start trying to put a whole week in each line to make it last! :uhoh:

9Ws
8th Sep 2005, 19:32
I use the ATC. Find it the best by far. Don't think I'll ever change. In fact I still have them mailed across to me overseas every 2-odd years.

Flying airline routes I use one line per sector. Helps keep a tidy record especially when you could be flying from A-->B-->A-->C on one day and just C-->A the following day (a different date).

This way I can also clearly record Instrument flying only for the sector I was the Pilot Flying.

Another advantage this has been for me is when 4-5 weeks down the line someone from Flight Safety calls to ask "was it you doing a ROD >900'/min below 500'AGL?" :} ... I know who I was flying with, and I also know who was at the controls even if the other pilot forgot the incident (or we both didn't even notice it).

Back to the logbook... I log one sector per line and leave 4 lines at the end of every month and every year for a monthly/yearly summary and company "rubber stamps". I log ~600-700 hours/year for the past 7 years and I've only just started ATC logbook #4.

:ok: