PDA

View Full Version : Oxford or USA?...

jamielatham
6th Sep 2005, 14:40
Hi All;

Is it worth taking out a massive loan and pay to go to OAT or go to say...USA?

Do you get what your paying for in both cases? I.E, USA, cheaper but not as good?

Thanks

Jay

geraldn
6th Sep 2005, 17:40
u mean with oat in both cases?
i.e.oat in phoenix or oat in kidlington?

jamielatham
6th Sep 2005, 19:28
No, i mean that if you pay more u get better tuition at OAT, or pay less and maybe get not so good tuition...

Jay

Martin Gibbs
6th Sep 2005, 19:37
USA is better value for money but its all about getting a job. you will get a job a lot quicker if you pay for OAT. there are other options like FTE that are a bit cheaper.

geraldn
6th Sep 2005, 21:31
From what ive seen and experienced till now with oat ,i would not hesitate to recommend anytime.
They may be more expensive than other schools ,but are a serious outfit and u do get what u pay for.Having said that ,being modular u do feel sometimes that u have to ask for certain things as opposed to the integrated students who seem to be treated better but then again this is a business and the integrated students have paid for that extra attention.

One thing that i remember i liked at oat is that the MD always gives u straight answers,whether they materialise or not still has to be seen.

englishal
8th Sep 2005, 15:08
Well....its either £50,000 and no guarantee of a job or
£25,000 and no guarantee of a job

If you think that paying £25,000 for the name is good then follow your heart.

I know which I'd do though. And it is interesting who you meet in the aviation game around the world. You never know, you may end up flying Gulfstream V's to Hawaii for a living rather than 737's from Stanstead - Amsterdam......

;)