PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude Tests anyone??

WindSheer
6th Sep 2005, 09:08
Hello all,

Has anyone sat the aptitude tests at the bigger Uk schools such as Cabair?
Any ideas what they involve, and more to the point has anyone here failed them?

Thanks all.

colette
6th Sep 2005, 09:51
Hi WindSheer,

Cabair use a written maths+physics based aptitude test and also the Pilapt computerised test. www.pilapt.com which tests hand eye coordination,spatial awareness,workload capacity etc. Not sure what the maths/physics tests are like though.

I think Jerez also use pilapt along with the mental ability tests etc

Oxford use the Compass test, the 10FP personality test and a tech test. Compass assesses hand eye foot coordination, memory, orientation, workload, maths. The maths questions are straight forward adding, subtracting, long multiplication/division, wee bit on ratios,fractions,percentages etc. Tech test is 15 questions, basic physics - cogs turning, pistons, resolving forces, stuff like that. The 10 FP test is a 200 question multiple choice test. You're given a statement and you have to say Strongly Agree, Agree, Strongly Disagree or Disagree. Its very repetitive and they're just trying to get an idea of your personality. Best advice is to be yourself, well unless you're a complete psycho :cool: Can find a bit more info on www.epst.com

I only have experience of Oxford so I cant really give much advice about Cabair or any of the other schools sorry!

Theres quite alot of advice regarding the Pilapt aptitude test on the ctc wings thread in Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorships. Also if you did a search for OAT selection theres been quite a few threads about this too. Hope you find the info you're looking for. Good luck!

:ok:
Colette

WindSheer
6th Sep 2005, 16:28
Thanks for your detailed reply colette.
Really appreciated.

:ok: