PDA

View Full Version : "Chopper Squad"

tactical71
5th Sep 2005, 11:13
For the rotorheads out there, Ive just bought the entire series of the 70's TV show Chopper Squad on DVD. Its great to watch these guys in skin tight tracksuits and red slazenger sneakers hang from a longline underneath a 206 with massive floats.
If anyone is interested, I can steer you in the right direction to purchase you very own set.

Time Bomb Ted
6th Sep 2005, 00:09
I stopped watching it after Roley died of a heart attack after a particularly difficult rescue.

Boy I'm showing my age.

TBT

dude65
6th Sep 2005, 03:10
Hey Ted
Wasn't it Jebby ,Phil & Barry?

I thought Rolly was Police Rescue

tactical71
6th Sep 2005, 05:24
Jebby etc were the aircrew. Roley was the old surf club rescue dude with the beard. The one who drove the Hamilton JRB. What a boat. I nearly bought one about 5yrs ago for $8000. Im kicking myself now that I didnt.

dude65
6th Sep 2005, 08:11
If you want a good laugh then check this out.

http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/ChopperSquadEPS.htm

Just noticed Tony Bonners name as well. The guy must have loved his choppers

bigsquirrel
6th Sep 2005, 08:18
Tac71,

I sent you PM, thanks mate

bigsquirrel

Time Bomb Ted
6th Sep 2005, 23:54
I didn't realise how many big names were on the show. Including Bargearse!

Coolest show in the history of cool shows.

TBT

tactical71
7th Sep 2005, 00:39
Now all I have to do is go out and buy a cheap DVD player to watch the series. My good(expensive) dvd player wont play it, and the 14" screen on my laptop just doesnt do the show justice! Need to have that full surround sound, to hear the jetty fly past from side of the room to the other.
As for the actors, I think that any aussie actor thats somebody, was at some point a guest on the show.
Jon English, Tony Bonner, Lucky Grills, Delvene Delany, Rebbeca Gilling, Gordon Piper, Sigrid Thornton, they're all there at some point in the series.

Cheers.

TIMMEEEE
8th Sep 2005, 01:15
Great to see Bargeass rate a mention !!

Jesus, I almost had a "Skyways" flashback !!

Waste Gate
8th Sep 2005, 08:21
Geez, I remember racing home from preschool to watch this!!:8

dude65
9th Sep 2005, 08:00
Here ya go troops

Before he became Bargearse.

I still have nightmares about the doughnut scene.

http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/bluey.htm

BigMike
12th Sep 2005, 17:14
When I was a boy, someone gave me a metal Corgi model of the Chopper Squard Jetranger. About 25 years latter after finishing my CPL, I flew the same Jetranger (FHF or Foxy as its known as. Now reg. PHF) Even flew an english tourist who mentioned she had seen the show years ago on UK TV and had always wanted to go for a ride in one. Funny you should say that I told her, because this is the helicopter!!