PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Gaunty

Pinky the pilot
1st Sep 2005, 09:58
Yes; another year has passed and so I should like to wish one of Oz's well known (and respected) Ppruners a happy birthday for Friday 2nd!:ok: :ok:
He's been associated with Aviation in Australia since 'Pontius was a pilot' and as a regular poster on these hallowed pages is I should think both well liked and respected. One may not neccessarily agree with everything he says but it cannot be denied that whatever he has to say is considered, well thought out and makes one think!!
Have a good one Gaunty ol'chap and here's hoping that the coming year is the one where we both get our Citation X's, the Nubile F/O's being an optional extra!:E :ok: And if so that Mrs Gaunty and Mrs Pinky don't find out!!
The usual bottle of Pinot Noir Chardonnay Bubbly will be opened in due course!!:ok: :ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Desert Flower
1st Sep 2005, 10:35
Although I don't know Gaunty personally (well at least I don't think I do!) I will once again wish him a Happy Birthday. And while we're on the subject of birthdays, if I remember correctly a certain Mr Pinky the pilot has one coming up in a few days' time too, so I will wish him a Happy Birthday as well!

DF.

The Voice
1st Sep 2005, 12:26
Gaunty you old(er) bugger .. Hope you have a fantastic ... well, whatever you chose to do, to celebrate the day! :E

tipsy
1st Sep 2005, 12:27
What a purrrrfect opportunity to wish Gaunty a very Happy Birthday from little old furry me, from the lovely GoGirl and the invisible Disco Stu. :ok: :ok:

Can I have Champagne instead of milk with my breakfast, pleeeeeeease ????

tipsy
:yuk: :yuk: furball:yuk: :yuk:

gaunty
1st Sep 2005, 14:22
Pinky me old.

Aaaaaaw now I'm embarrased, but really pleased you remembered and a Happy one to you too.
I will share your very kind thoughts and our anniversary with the bubbly as well. If nurse will let me. :p

I'd be really disappointed if everyone agreed with me coz then I'd have noone to joust with. :E

I'm really excited because my chidren are replacing the brake disk pads on my zimmer and giving it a general tune up, might even be able to catch mrs gaunty tonight, with some late braking into the hairpins.:E

Lets hope the next year brings us the same joy and fun as we've had around here this year.

Thanks Voice pity we don't have Mal around he's doing FS for the angels I suspect, but I'll be having one for him too. :)

Thanks DF Pinky is a really great bloke to have around.:ok:

Champagne for tipsy too as long as he lets his mum and dad have some too. it's great for furballs. Now if I was a smart cat I would definitely be jumping on my mums lap for a cuddle:E

Blue Sky Baron
2nd Sep 2005, 03:03
Seems like only last week it was Gaunty's last birthday, do you have 'em quicker than the rest of us? It can't possibly be a year since the last one!:}

Anyway, have a great day fella, I'd like to toast you with an aged red but my current diet means it will have to be celebrated with soda water. :{

Enjoy
BSB ;)

Alien Sex God
3rd Sep 2005, 04:17
How old is the old bugger?

Woomera
3rd Sep 2005, 07:16
ASG. He admits to 60 summers but most of us are sure he was around for 70 winters.

:}

Alien Sex God
3rd Sep 2005, 09:05
Well happy birthday Gaunty. You're old enough to be my grandad!

OzExpat
3rd Sep 2005, 09:53
Another birthday Gaunty? Well blow me down and shiver me timbers! :D I'll bet that you're thinking... if I'd known that I was gunna live this long, I'd have taken better care of meself! :p

Hope you succeeded in burgling the hairpins... :}

gaunty
3rd Sep 2005, 17:54
Ozmate she's right onto the hairpins routine, just runs off into the escape road whilst I'm accelerating into the hairpins after someone who's just plumb disappeared, gets me everytime. Rum do you know.

And yes if I'd known, ..........but I regret not a jot or tittle so far, and if I have to go it will be with a glass in me hand and a smile on me gob, larfing fit to bust. :ok:

The Voice
3rd Sep 2005, 20:09
... and my dear Gaunty .. regret not a jot or tittle so far, and if I have to go it will be with a glass in me hand and a smile on me gob, larfing fit to bust so should say all of us!!

You're so right re Mal. :D

bourbonized
4th Sep 2005, 01:17
On ya Gaunty, made it through another one. I have no doubt you will enjoy the ale you celebrate with. :}

Pinky the pilot
6th Sep 2005, 10:27
Thanks to all fellow Ppruners for joining me in the birthday wishes to Gaunty.:cool:
And thank you Desert Flower for remembering mine too. It was the day after the esteemed Gaunty's and as it rained all day I spent the day relaxing and reading the papers. Had a few bubblies that night though!:ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.