PDA

View Full Version : "Professional Pilot Package"

fray bentos pielot
31st Aug 2005, 18:32
OAT are advertising a "professional pilot package" consisting of a CPL - MEP - IR - MCC - JOC for £22,595 inc VAT, approach and landing fees. Add around £4,500 on for full time ground school and £3,000 in CAA test fees. About 30k for a fATPL, plus living in the Oxford area for a year.

So does this mean OAT charge £28,000 for a PPL and one hundred hours P1? If not what the heck are you paying for on the APP?

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone doing modular training at OAT. Are modular guys treated like second class citizens? Do they ever forward modular guys to the airlines?

I could do the same at FTE including accommodation for around 25k and again would love to hear from anyone training there.

rabino
31st Aug 2005, 19:57
The Modular students sure enough are treated as second class citizens, some people having a/c avail. difficulties, being put to the back of the queue on test slots etc etc. Oxford do promise that they will put you forward to the airlines as modular guys/gals, depending on the airlines criteria when they come to oxford (this sounds like a get out clause if ever i have heard one!!) but until they carry out this promise who would believe them!!!!! The list on the wall at Oxford showing employment successes with the airlines shows about 14 pages of names, of which 1 1/2 pages are modular(approx 20 names). You cannot tell me that there are that little shortage of modular students studying at Oxford!!

Time will tell if Oxford do indeed carry out their promises as i am just coming to the end of my training with them.

CarbHeatIn
1st Sep 2005, 17:55
" plus living in the Oxford area for a year.

I believe the CPL and MEP portions of the ''Profeesional Pilot'' modular package offered by OAT take place in
Arizona. The IR and MCC modules take place at Oxford.

<<edit: Modular CPL in Arizona is an option - a very good one, but just an option. Use an air-conditioned Seneca V there, too.>>