PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a strange question... UPS pilots

dramaqueen
30th Aug 2005, 17:54
I'm sorry to barge onto your forum, but I have some questions and didn't know where to ask. Hopefully a pro can answer.

Here is the premise:
I post in a supportive online community (like this one) and one of the people who has been posting there may be lying about being a pilot. I wouldn't care so much except that she has been getting very beligerent with the group. Things haven't been adding up with her, so a couple of us are snooping around for dirt on her.

This woman claims to be a pilot for UPS, yet she is maybe at work 1 day out of 2 or 3 weeks. Does anyone know a typical work schedule for a UPS pilot? Can someone really be THAT part time?

I also found a website that will pull up names of people registered with the FAA. Her name is not on it. Do UPS pilots need to register with the FAA? Or do some of them not need to (for intance an "assistant"- forgive my ignorance of pilot lingo!)??

The third and final question is- can UPS pilots live anywhere in the nation? Obviously they fly around, but I'd think they'd likely live near a hub.

Thanks for your help.

as737700
31st Aug 2005, 06:25
well...I'm no UPS pilot, but from what I know...

No UPS pilot or any pilot would fly 1 day out of 3 weeks...and I highly doubt that any airline would make money if they had 3000 pilot flying 2 days a month...so the answer to that questions is a no. The only exception would be if she just used some vacation time during that month...but still not very likely.

I know that website that you are talking about... pilots are able to remove their names from that website if they don't want it to appear...so not ever pilot will show up there.

Any pilot can live anywhere in the nation as long as they are willing to commute. My brother is based in Seattle but lives in Medford, OR. I know one Air France pilot that lives in Germany because he likes it there, but is based in Paris. So they don't really need to live near a hub.

If you ask for my opinion...I think that everything is normal except for the flying 1 flight every 2 weeks.

Derin