PDA

View Full Version : Desktop

Ipaq
30th Aug 2005, 15:23
Copied a picture off the internet some time ago to set as desktop, now want to change it but can't. Despite what I do on the control panel/display/desktop settings I just can't get rid of it. Anyone got any ideas?

BLUE SKY THINKER
30th Aug 2005, 17:02
Ipaq.....

Suggestion 1: My Computer > C: Drive > Windows > Web > Wallpaper. ...See if it's there/delete.

Suggestion 2: (more likely) Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View (tab) > 'show hidden files and folders' > Apply > OK. ...And then . . . . .

My Computer > C: Drive > Documents and Settings > Username (that you are using) > Application Data > Microsoft > Internet Explorer. ...See if it's there/delete.

Good luck; let us know how you get on.

Ipaq
30th Aug 2005, 17:54
Hi BST - tried those - neither worked!
Any other tricks up your sleeve?

Hamrah
30th Aug 2005, 18:42
Ipaq,

not sure I fully understand your question. Are you trying to delete it or change it.

Have you tried just changing to something else, anything else?

H

BLUE SKY THINKER
30th Aug 2005, 19:20
Oh.......................................................... .......................................dismay!!!
(sorry to ask) We are definitely talking 'Desktop' here aren't we; not 'Homepage'? ...Assuming previous, did you right-click original image directly off the web and "Set as Background" or " Set as Desktop Item..."? ...If the latter, right-click Desktop > Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab). ...Is it there (?)/delete.

Ipaq
30th Aug 2005, 20:08
What a top man you are BST, that worked. Very many thanks; one day I'll understand these damn things!

iskandra
30th Aug 2005, 20:48
Just a hint- next time you want something off the web on your desktop, it's better to right-click and "save as", just save it in the folder where all the other background images are. Then you can just choose it like any other pic right from the "properties" panel for your desktop. And it's easier getting rid of it afterwards! :O