PDA

View Full Version : For you Thunderbird fans

The_Cutest_of_Borg
30th Aug 2005, 09:32
48mb download... enjoy!

Virtual Thunderbirds movie trailer (http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/linkcounter.php?LID=209)

TheOddOne
30th Aug 2005, 11:46
When I got over my initial disappointment that this wasn't something new from International Rescue, it was passably entertaining for a moment - a bit jittery in places and too 'clean' for today's realistic simulations.

However, the wider question remains - why oh why don't the USAF display team fly a nine-ship formation? There are 3 teams in Europe that do and one in Canada. They all offer an exciting, varied routine. Last time I saw the Thunderbirds I was terminally bored by halfway through the routine 'and here they come again for ANOTHER low pass!!!'.

I saw the Red Arrows a couple of weeks ago and they've lifted their game again this year - absolutely magnificent display; three or four changes in formation during a single loop, joinups and breaks to keep the audience on their feet, exciting opposition figures with stuff from the rest of the team in between. Definitely in a class of their own, in my view, head and shoulders above the rest.

Is a part of the Thunderbirds problem the aircraft they fly being just to heavy and powerful? Would they be better off using a 'trainer' type just like all the other teams?

Cheers,
The Odd One