PDA

View Full Version : Any reason to complete MCC before cpl/IR aplication

jimpearce
30th Aug 2005, 08:03
Hi All,
Is there any reason why you should complete the MCC course before making your CL/IR application??
Seems to be an MCC completed or not tick box on CPL application form.
Not quite there yet but hoping soon!
Jim.

moggiee
30th Aug 2005, 14:38
There is no need to complete MCC before licence issue - but your MCC provider will need to see your licence and IR details (or photocopies of them if you have sent them off to the CAA).

You must have a licence and IR (or have passed the tests) before doing MCC - but not the other way around

jimpearce
30th Aug 2005, 17:42
thanks for that.
Maybe I didn˘Ąt make myself clear!
Is there any benefit to holding on to my CPL/IR application until after completing my MCC??
Thanks,
Jim.

Flap up
31st Aug 2005, 18:23
No point at all that I can think of.

When you complete your MCC you will get a certificate of completion from the MCC course provider. There will be no change to your licence as such and the CAA are not directly involved at this stage.

When you get around to starting an initial multi-pilot type rating the TRTO will want to see evidence that you have completed an MCC (ie. your course completion certificate) and the CAA, I believe, will wish to see the same evidence when you apply for that type rating.

So basically I would get your CPL/IR application in sooner rather than later and sort the MCC out either whilst your licence is being processed or once you have got it issued.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with the IR.

moggiee
31st Aug 2005, 22:53
Just remember to photocopy your pass certificates before sending them off to the CAA for licence issue. The MCC provider should ask to see proof that you have passed the skills tests/IR.

jimpearce
1st Sep 2005, 12:12
ok, thanks a lot guys.
thats cleared that up nicely.
Jim.

no sponsor
2nd Sep 2005, 21:48
You don't need to send the little slips of paper you get from the examiner after your IR and CPL. The CAA will already have copies of them. I've still got mine.

As for waiting until the application, I did notice a box you could tick on the CPL application asking a yes or no for having already done an MCC.

All I've been told is that I need to send my MCC certificate along with my first type rating application.