PDA

View Full Version : Serviced apartments in Tung Chung

grind king
30th Aug 2005, 06:48
Can anyone give any info on serviced apartments or short term rentals in Tung Chung? I will be in HK soon to start training and I am looking for other alternatives from the Headland.
THNX

flyingkiwi
30th Aug 2005, 23:14
Hi

You wont get a serviced appartment in TC on the Cathay housing allowance. The Regal chares 24k per month for its headland sized room.

For some reason CX will pay for serviced appartments in town but dont want to pay for a privately set up one. I tried to rent mine out to a new joiner as "serviced" but CX wouldnt pay.

What i do suggest then is to find a fully furnished appartment in TC and if you really want it serviced get a maid in a couple of hours a day for $60/ hour.

Im afraid the place i had availiable to rent is now gone to some happy HK express drivers but there are still some places available, but you may need to move quickly the rental market has gone nuts in the last 6 weeks and places are becoming rarer, Disney has had a huge effect. DB and TC almost have no new or near new 1200' plus places available to rent.