PDA

View Full Version : Help Required with CD/DVD ROM

Sky_Captain
30th Aug 2005, 03:53
Hello Everybody, just wondering if those with the wonderful computer skills could help me out.

For the past month my lap top has started acing up on me in regards my "D" (CD/DVD ROM) drive. In the past when ever I would put in a cd-rom with files on it, I could always open up "my computer" and displayed under the "D" drive would be the cd-rom symbol ready for me to open. I use Roxio "Drag to disc" when formatting a file if I have added content to it, and then use roxio to eject the disc.

When I put in a DVD, the laptop automatically recognised it as a DVD and opened the appropriate programme to play the DVD.

Nowadays, I put in a DVD and nothing happens. When I open "my computer"; the symbol for a dvd will be displayed and sometimes the current dvd title is displayed. If I right click the icon i'm given the options to open the dvd, and also to play the dvd. Though if I hit play, one of the dvd programmes will open but still will not recognise the dvd. if I search through the files on the dvd player, and open the "D" drive dvd file, it shows a file from a previous cd-rom programme I used two weeks ago, and there's no sign of the dvd :confused:

I hope this is making sense to somebody out there, because right now i'm very very confused about whats going on :{

Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

S.C. :ugh: