PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair schedule chaos

HIALS
28th Aug 2005, 06:35
Is it just me - or do others find the operation is approaching chaos?

On-Time-Performance is a joke.

I get the impression the recent inclement weather, ATC delays and common technical delays are exacerbating the generalised 'go-slow' state caused by rock-bottom morale.

The pilots are on a 'contract compliance' campaign. The cabin crew are exhausted and fed-up with the Company. The number of significant technical delays seems abnormally high. The ATC delays are legion and extensive and finally, the weather has been cr@p.

Is this noticed by those ostensibly 'running' the Company? And if so, what is their strategy for coping with and/or recovering the situation?

Fr8t M8te
28th Aug 2005, 08:17
Is this noticed by those ostensibly 'running' the Company? And if so, what is their strategy for coping with and/or recovering the situation?

Ummm....painting the aeroplanes green with a chicken wing on the tail?

:cool:

Hangin' on
29th Aug 2005, 19:12
Thats NOT a chicken wing, or it would have been outsourced...its a headless parrot.:p

Shagtastic
6th Sep 2005, 22:30
At the Dragonair interview before last Xmas the ex-RAF chappie asking me mind twisting questions indicated that Dragonair today will not be the same Dragonair in 5 years and again 10 years etc etc.. sounds like the transformation is happening quicker than he anticipated??

But you still get paid trucks loads don't you? Late or not why stress so much?

Flap 5
8th Sep 2005, 16:10
Gat paid truckloads? Those days have gone. That was the days of A scale salaries. The cost of living in Hong Kong is very high. You can not just look at the salary and compare it to UK salaries. You have to relate it to the cost of living in Hong Kong.

Sidestickjockey
8th Sep 2005, 18:37
How much of a difference is there in cost of living between HK and UK cause in my view UK (London) also is outrageously expensive compared to other countries in europe.

Then again, earning a lot of money is all relative to what you are used to isn't it?

Cheers.

gliderboy
9th Sep 2005, 02:05
Re recruiting,

Nothing is planned after October except for casual vacancies. The A330’s that arrive next year will be used to replace 3 older ones with a net total increase of one aircraft. So this will affect lots of guys who were hoping for a command slot in the near future.