PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Pub???

arryboy
28th Aug 2005, 03:53
So, what's the best pub with big TV to watch the final nail driven into the coffin of the Australian Cricket team this afternoon ????

BusyB
28th Aug 2005, 07:28
Delaney's, in Wanchai, should fit the bill.

sizematters
28th Aug 2005, 07:43
sounds good, Delaney's it is then, hope there will be lots of P££sed off whingeing BIFFO's................................

Don't you just love it.............................

Especially if ponting has another tantrum !!!! (Typical Ozzie)

HotDog
28th Aug 2005, 10:58
sizematters, you obviously suffer from small dick syndrome. So what if we loose this time after holding the Ashes for the last twenty years? The poms are not going to keep it for long if they win it anyhow.

sizematters
28th Aug 2005, 11:51
you know your right hotdog, I often wish I had a 12" one......

Instead of this BIG BA*&ARD...!!!!

I'd offer to have a battle of wits with you..........................

But it would be unfair of me to fight an unarmed Man..........

arryboy
29th Aug 2005, 02:01
England lead Ashes after epic win !!!!!

Fourth Ashes Test, Trent Bridge, day four: England 477 & 129-7 beat Australia 218 & 387 by three wickets
England lead five-Test series 2-1

superfish
29th Aug 2005, 08:40
Even if England wins, it's still kind of a AUS victory since Rodney Marsh and Troy Cooley helped out with the team...

VR-HFX
29th Aug 2005, 11:15
Watch Out!

Heard the Aussies are picking Sir Eddo for the last Test...that should improve the strike rate:}

En-Rooter
29th Aug 2005, 12:45
You poor pathetic pommy bastards, when you've defended the ashes another four or five times I'll listen to your gloating.

spannersatcx
29th Aug 2005, 18:23
Don't like it upem do they. Fined match fees, spitting the dummy and allsorts. How the mighty have fallen.

Aussie sport must be on the slippery downward slope. :D

Hangin' on
29th Aug 2005, 19:10
....and nobody has even mentioned the spanking the Ozzettes (Noelene, Raylene Jaylene, Walene, Sheila et al.) got from the Pommettes.....well done gels!!!!:D :D :D

OhForSure
31st Aug 2005, 12:49
Lets be honest... the Poms are playing at their absolute best and the Aussies have been at about half power. Given the aforementioned facts, it's been a pretty even series.

Please, you guys have a long way to go before you start celebrating. The Aussies won't be the best forever... but they still are now. If only they could play like it. Lets not mention the bad luck they've had :ugh: (No excuse though).

sizematters
31st Aug 2005, 13:04
Dream on.................The Biffo team is loosing, get it ????

L O O S I N G..................that, therefore makes them 2nd Best, and the team thats beating them ENGLAND is, by all thats logical, BETTER because they are .......................WINNING!!!

The Bif's appear to be playing badly because they are being OUTPLAYED.....................................

I'll admit that for some time the Ozzie's had the best team in the world, but now that time has past

DEAL WITH IT....................

En-Rooter
31st Aug 2005, 22:08
L - O - S - I - N - G

and

S - P - E - L - L - C - H - E - C - K

You're probably best not gloating until the series AND ashes are won.

One could make a terribly big d!ckhead of oneself, like you have been for the last 20 years or so.

Cheers big ears!

NoseGear
1st Sep 2005, 00:09
Thats one reason why the Poms are so despised when it comes to sports, you think your so sh!t hot when you win a game or two, all of a sudden your the very best:yuk: Without doubt the poorest winning attitude of any nation I have seen.:rolleyes:

It's something you should be ashamed of, afterall, when it comes to sports, England is crap. And I'm not even an Aussie:E

Nosey

arryboy
13th Sep 2005, 02:07
The England cricket team will hold an open-top bus tour through the streets of London on Tuesday to celebrate their Ashes triumph against Australia.

The parade will begin at Mansion House at 1110 BST and will end with a public presentation in Trafalgar Square.

So now who's crap ?????

drummer
13th Sep 2005, 05:58
Well done - BOTH teams. The interest in cricket has increased hugely and the spirit and atmosphere have been breathtaking. These two countries have helped to restore the meaning and spirit of 'sport' and, along with comparable performances on the Rugby field, have relegated football (soccer) to the very deepest pit of bad sportsmanship, ineptitude, and yobbishness.
Well done to all involved and I have to say that I glad that England got the Ashes back.

En-Rooter
13th Sep 2005, 09:02
Arryboy,

Never said your team was crap buddy! Thank Christ that 16 year chip has been lifted from your shoulders.

And our fellows aren't crap (that would demean your win somewhat, would it not?).

Well done boys! What a great series, can't wait for the defense, it will be a cracker.

Most impressed with the sportsmanship shown by all!

Holy ****e, wasn't that a cracker of an over from Lee to the skunk just before lunch.

:ok:

arryboy
13th Sep 2005, 15:43
Actually, shane Warne vs England was a bit unfair........................................
On england......if the Aussie's had one more to back him up it would have been a different story..........................
the whole test series was phenomenal, and the entertainment provided by both sides was an amazing advert for the sport.....

To watch the ebb and flow of the battle between these two great teams was at worst nerve biting and at best awe inspiring

thanks to all concerned and congratulations to all who took part.................sportsman all, and who can say that had it been another day things wouldn't have been different

Good health

arryboy

superfish
13th Sep 2005, 17:11
Yes, many thanks to Rodney Marsh - former England Cricket Academy coach and England selector who helped to train and build a better English team in an Aussie fashion.

If it wasn't for his doings, I doubt England would have won the Ashes...

jack red
13th Sep 2005, 23:32
If it wasn't for his doings, I doubt England would have won the Ashes...

.................................and Freddie Flintoff, Simon Jones, Marcus Trescothick, Kevin Pietersen..................................................: rolleyes:

superfish
14th Sep 2005, 08:29
.................................and Freddie Flintoff, Simon Jones, Marcus Trescothick, Kevin Pietersen..................................................

That was my point... the England Cricket Academy that was setup by Marsh in October 2001 was to bring out the best of these English players who attended it.