PDA

View Full Version : layover HKG

slam_dunk
27th Aug 2005, 22:37
Hi Guys,

I'm spending 3 days in HKG on layover this week, any suggestions on what to do besides beerdrinking and shopping ?

Can i go Karting anywhere ?

I appreciate any good ideas :ok:

Left Wing
28th Aug 2005, 02:17
beerdrinking and shopping are the only options open to you, dont know if you want to go for a hike or something of the sort?

There was a kart track,now closed!

dartman
28th Aug 2005, 02:57
I had heard there was a karting track out at Kai Tak. Haven't been personally. I was going to look into it last month, but alas ended up in Soho instead. Anyway, if you find it, let us know,...

spannersatcx
28th Aug 2005, 09:58
You can go Karting in Macau. :ok:

slam_dunk
28th Aug 2005, 17:57
Thanks for the tips guys, :up:

I've been on a hike already, and was thinking about going to Macau as well.
Where's the go-karting in Macau?

Any more suggestions are welcome ! i have 3 days to spend !

spannersatcx
28th Aug 2005, 18:10
For more information, please contact the Automovel Clube de Macau - China (ACMC)
Avenida da Amizade, Edif. Grande Premio de Macau R/C, Macau
Tel: (853) 726578 Fax: (853) 726579
E-mail: [email protected]

cx007
29th Aug 2005, 15:54
Maybe you will like the laser + music show at nite along the Victoria Harbour?

VneII
1st Sep 2005, 02:24
Hi all,

I'll also be in HK at the end of next week for a few days. It's my first visit in 10years so if anyone has suggestions on what to see and do that would be great. If your keen to have a beer with an aussie just post or pm me.

Cheers VneII

CathayPacific
1st Sep 2005, 11:34
There're many activities available in this Asia's World City, even in three days =)

Well I went to plane spotting with friends (spotters and pilots) at HAECO some days while I was in Hong Kong, great fun...but spotting isn't as good as the one in Amsterdam! :ok:
If you are interested in planes...;)

spannersatcx
1st Sep 2005, 15:37
You could always try the newest attraction in HKG, here (http://www.disney.com.hk/en/index_flash.html)

slam_dunk
5th Sep 2005, 09:18
Hi Guys and girls,

Just wanted to let you know i enjoyed 3 nice days in a hot and humid HKG last week.

day 1 : day at the beach at Repulse bay :up: (took mini bus # 40 from Causewaybay)

day2 : botanical gardens and zoo :ok: ( http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/hkzbg/en/index.php ) and computer mall

day3 : biked Cheng Chau island on a mountainbike, had dinner at the harbour over there.

I have another 3 days in HKG in two weeks from now,
Any more ideas ? :confused:

geh065
11th Sep 2005, 03:34
The karting place is definately closed. The terminal at Kai Tak is in the process of being pulled down.

As for suggestions, you could go up to the peak (on a nice day! :E ) and go for the short hour walk they have around the peak and take the Peak tram (although it is due for some maintenance this month I think).

Go and have a wander around Stanley market, and have a beer in one of the restaurants/pubs that overlook the sea.