PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a picture of: PIA B707 - AP-AZW and/or G-MDRB

Opssys
26th Aug 2005, 17:37
Ladies & Gentlemen.
A friend of mine has over his career flown on 225 diferent registered aircraft. He as of yesterday got pictures of 222 of them. I found one, this leaves two:
PIA 707 AP-AZW
Air UK (was Air Anglia) PA31 Regn G-MDRB
He and I have trawled through sites and search engines and failed. If it was say 10 missing I would say never mind let's have a beer, but to get so close!
Any help appreciated.
DIH

MR BIGGLES
26th Aug 2005, 20:31
Not been able to track any pictures for you yet, but have this info so far http://www.jacdec.de/1992.htm
Found other info, the same sort of thing, but i havn't given up for you yet, i like this sort of challenge.

Opssys
26th Aug 2005, 21:11
Mr Biggles and Mike J:
Thank you both for your efforts so far, but be warned this may be a real tough one. I thought the PIA History site would do the trick
(especially as I have link from my own web site) for the PIA Aircraft, Using this confirmed both that my mate had the rego correct and I was able to get a one of the previously missing pictures . Another 4 hours later I called a halt to searching for AZW for the night . As for that Navajo, that has been another 4 hours of my life I won't see again, other than confirming that it existed and was originally with Air Anglia and was sold in the Netherlands, the bl**dy thing appears invisible, until Mike J found the Picture in NL Reg!

So I have spent a total Eight Web hours to date and narda :{
My friend is probably into web days of searching by now!

You both may find your covering the same ground we have (as he is BHX and I am technically in LON) we have also duplicated some of searches (non co-ordination leads to effort dissipation), but if you are determined to continue, it would be most appreciated.

What I hoped might happen is someone in the forum might have a picture of one, or even both in their personal collections.

As usual I am impressed by the speed of responses on this forum.
I must admit, if all else fails my mate would either have to accept the NL incarnation of the Navajo, or forever regret it!

Once again many thanks to both of you for your efforts so far
Best Regards
DIH

Airways Ed
27th Aug 2005, 01:20
Your friend happy with black & white?

I have a negative of Air Anglia G-MDRB, LGW 1978; just need to find the chance to scan it.

390cruise
27th Aug 2005, 08:31
I flew G-MDRB many times while it was operated by Air
Anglia.

It was owned by Donny Burrell a Norwich builder.

I knew both Donny and his girlfriend Gill.

Gill Macintosh Donny R Burrell....might explain the registration.

( the spelling of these names is from my memory..might be ok!)

I also met his wife but assume she did not understand fully
the registration !!

A old mate of mine Peter Walton has pictures of all Air Anglia
aircraft. I dont have contact details for him but but believe
he is on the U.K. Flight Safety Commitee.

Opssys
27th Aug 2005, 13:33
Mike J.
Having gone through stunned and then just speechless, I am now at seriously impressed (and embarassed I didn't check the ATDB Site). Thank you and very much appreciated!
DIH

Addenda. Now extremely embarrassed as I now see a copy of this picture is in the PIA History site, which I thought I had searched to the end.
I will now have to write 100 Lines:
Searches are to be carried out with care and attention!
DIH

Opssys
27th Aug 2005, 17:46
Peter (my mate) and I thank you all for your efforts.
Especially:
Mike Jenvey and Airways Ed (a PM to you sir).
But also to Mr Biggles and 390Cruise.

NOW RIGHT OFF TOPIC

To answer Mike J's question:

but what will you & your friend do now your task has come to an end with all 225 located??

I will revert to studying Telecommunications and Computing Technologies relevant to Airport and Airline Operators.
But writing W3C Standards Compliant web pages for my Website.
Which I am told in no uncertain terms don't render correctly in Firefox.
Posting 'snotograms' on my web log.
Spending far too much time on this Forum and a much less and often disappointing time in the Ground Ops Forums.
Reading and following up Aviation, Computing and Telecoms Articles on the Web, or through traditional media.
Wishing I was a TAP (the original Roger Bacon definition)
Oh and now summer is effectively over and money running short
so finding a job (which will stop me doing most of the above).

Peter. Is in Airline Systems and has a major customer project which will keep him out of mischief. In his spare time the Kids and supporting BHX City FC (sad, so sad), plus cataloguing his recently scaned in, entire Aviation Photographic collection and continue to develop his web site.

I don't think either of us will be bored (hopefully we will manage a Beer one Friday soon when Peters down south).

Well you did ask Mike :-)