PDA

View Full Version : Startin Out

Dave32
26th Aug 2005, 08:52
I would just like some help and advice from you experienced Pilots that have 'been there and done it'. I am 19 years old and live in Rochdale, Manchester. I have 11 GCSE's A-C and a triple grade - Distinction Distinction Merit in Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma) which is equivilant to 3 A-Levels.
Originally I wanted to be an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer as I have always seen being a Pilot as a job for the lucky people that can afford the training and out of reach for me. However, I have been reading this forum for quite a while now and have become more and more interrested in becoming a Pilot. I find myself drifting off from what I am doing every time a plane goes over and thinking about the Pilots inside and feeling very envious of them. Then as more and more planes go over I think 'if all of those people can get their dream job why can't I'. I envy every single one of you and want my dream job just like you have yours.
I am young enough and willing enough to train for it and I am also a quick learner who will put everything into it to get the maximum out. I have heard it costs a lot of money and would have to get a loan but it would be worth every penny!!! I want to make something of myself in the one chance I've got.
I would just like to know if I can do it in or around Manchester, how much., how long etc. I am very thankfull for you spending your valuable time reading this. Please help me. Your help and advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Dave