PDA

View Full Version : RAF Gutersloh

northpoint
23rd Aug 2005, 13:39
I'm doing some research on RAF Gutersloh. Does anyone know who the various OC's were in the 1970's or where I might find this info?

Bo Nalls
23rd Aug 2005, 13:49
Try here (http://www.rafweb.org/Stations/Station%20OCs-Germany.htm)

Pub User
23rd Aug 2005, 16:26
There is a book called 'Flugplatz Gutersloh', in English, which also lists the Stn Cdrs.

May be hard to find these days, but as the Army still use the place perhaps there's a shop there that sells them.

Wycombe
23rd Aug 2005, 17:17
Goering used to use it aswell......

I'll get me coat :D

fatjockslim
23rd Aug 2005, 17:41
The RAF never left......there is still some of us here trying to keep the AAC safe and the Loggies off the runway!

wg13_dummy
23rd Aug 2005, 22:27
fatjockslim, hows 'Mal' doing in the new job? ;)

Up to speed on Locos?

fatjockslim
24th Aug 2005, 05:53
"Fred Dibna" has settled in just fine. I never knew that there was so much to know about model railways, the hours just fly by!!

EXGUTGEEZER
24th Aug 2005, 16:13
Ah, Gutersloh, those were the days....

Remember the first landing of a BA 747, which probably made the slowest taxi to stand ever, walking pace literally.....via western taxiway, took ages.

Nice golf course, pity about the noisy so*dding vertical things nearby causing me earache...oh the pain... That reminds me, must see a lawyer, to get a compo cheque from Tony Bliar's government.....

scroggs
24th Aug 2005, 20:50
My Dad was CO from Dec 74 to Dec 76! Good times...

sparkie
25th Aug 2005, 21:19
Wonderful posting, my first 'overseas', served there from 1963-1965, with the Helicopter Control Squadron, initially with 230 Whirlwinds then the bigger Wessex of 18 Sqn.

Even got married there in the PMUB church, (better half's parents ran the Red Shield 'Sally Ann Club). I wrote to the OC this year as it was my Ruby wedding anniversary hoping for an invite, never heard a thing! thats what you get for giving the place to the the Brown Jobs!!

Stn Cdr at the time was Gp Capt Evans, a lovely fella, even if we did have to suffer the Saturday morning parades once a month.

:D